Vintage GUILD "The BIG BEAT" Flyer / "Catalog"

guildwing

Reaction score
Hi,

Seeking information about 1960's Guild - The Big Beat flyer / catalog featuring Gary Lewis and the Playboys (see link below - scroll down to 3rd item). It's really a cool piece of vintage Guild literature. Was this a one-off publication or are there other are there other editions of The Big Beat ? In this issue you'll see "Coming Attractions! The Byrds, The Lovin' Spoonful, Jay and the Americans". My internet research has come up empty so I thought I'd ask here.

http://www.musicmansteve.com/catalogs/GuildCatalogsEnew.htm

Thanks,

Rick

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I don't have an answer for but that need to vent about how that guy is charging for PDFs. My goal in life is to find every one of those catalogs and list them on my site for free.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
And BTW, I tried to buy an actual catalog from him, not a PDF. Sent the money, etc. But he didn't actually have it. Got a refund, but I hate that. Don't say it's for sale if it's not. This happened to me once on eBay, too.

walrus

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hi,

Seeking information about 1960's Guild - The Big Beat flyer / catalog featuring Gary Lewis and the Playboys (see link below - scroll down to 3rd item). It's really a cool piece of vintage Guild literature. Was this a one-off publication or are there other are there other editions of The Big Beat ? In this issue you'll see "Coming Attractions! The Byrds, The Lovin' Spoonful, Jay and the Americans". My internet research has come up empty so I thought I'd ask here.

http://www.musicmansteve.com/catalogs/GuildCatalogsEnew.htm

Thanks,

Rick

As far as I know this is the only edition of "The Big Beat".

Is there really a market for pdf's of Catalogs? I pretty much have everything this guys got and more! And here I am like GAD's quest posting them for free!

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I want the real thing if I am looking for a catalog - and most other things! Depends on what you are looking for, I guess.

walrus

guildwing

Reaction score
THANKS to all for your feedback! The only Guild I have is 1980 D25M and I love it. Also have a modest collection of non-Guild late-60's / early 70's semi-hollow body guitars (Greco Shrike, Goya Rangemaster, Ovation Thunderhead, Bradley 335 copy, Toyota Trini Lopez copy, and a few others). Always on the lookout for vintage literature and any items related to these guitars.

How do I post pics on this forum ?

Thanks,

Rick

geoguy

Reaction score
Welcome, guildwing.

You have to host your photos elsewhere (imgur, etc.), and past the photo links in your post here at LTG.