Good price for an Oxnard M20?

Reaction score
Hi all,

There's a couple of Oxnard M20s on Reverb for about 1k, both new with small scuffs/blemishes. Desperate for one of these bad boys... Is that a solid price though? Would i be better off waiting for a better deal? Is it worth the 1k to drop on it now? I've liked everything I've heard from this thing.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
There's a couple of Oxnard M20s on Reverb for about 1k, both new with small scuffs/blemishes. Desperate for one of these bad boys... Is that a solid price though? Would i be better off waiting for a better deal? Is it worth the 1k to drop on it now? I've liked everything I've heard from this thing.

Yeah, it looks like that's a competitive price. Looks like new ones are $1300-1500. Here's a used one on ebay with some finish crazing, but otherwise in good shape - $885 (not affiliated). That's the only one I've seen for less than $1000. If you deal with GuitarCenter or Sweetwater, ask what kind of discount you can get. Usually 10-15%. Sometimes 20%! Good luck and welcome to the boards!!

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Welcome bulldog and you entered the Guild waters pedaling. Lots of love for that guitar. If you think it is a good price, get it and don't look back.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Anything South of 1k is a good price. I’ve seen them lower than 1k fairly regularly.
MusicGoRound had one that went for $850 that was like new last year (I played it in person.)

If you want one now, then go for one of the CME ones on Reverb. You may find one for a little less if you’re prepared to wait, but probably not more than $100 less.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I got one from CME on Reverb for $925 and they said it's in good shape. Super pumped!

ClydeTower

Reaction score
Hi all,

Yeah, it looks like that's a competitive price. Looks like new ones are $1300-1500. Here's a used one on ebay with some finish crazing, but otherwise in good shape - $885 (not affiliated). That's the only one I've seen for less than $1000. If you deal with GuitarCenter or Sweetwater, ask what kind of discount you can get. Usually 10-15%. Sometimes 20%! Good luck and welcome to the boards!!

For what its worth, I bought an Oxnard M20e burst a few months ago for 975$ shipped. Prices vary depending on if it has a pickup and if it has the burst finish. If those options aren't important to you, you can definitely find them below 1k. I got a really good price considering it had all the bells and whistles, plus the guitar was as new condition. Unfortunately. I did not bond at all with the m20e, the tone was way to boxy for me... but that's me. Check out my review here:
http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?197440-NGD-Oxnard-M20e-Vintage-Burst&highlight=m20e

Last edited:
Reaction score
For what its worth, I bought an Oxnard M20e burst a few months ago for 975$ shipped. Prices vary depending on if it has a pickup and if it has the burst finish. If those options aren't important to you, you can definitely find them below 1k. I got a really good price considering it had all the bells and whistles, plus the guitar was as new condition. Unfortunately. I did not bond at all with the m20e, the tone was way to boxy for me... but that's me. Check out my review here:
http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?197440-NGD-Oxnard-M20e-Vintage-Burst&highlight=m20e

Thank you! Yeah you definitely got a good deal, thanks for the in-depth review. I actually read your review before I pulled the trigger and it did make me hesitate, but there's something about the tone i've heard in the vids out there that's calling to me. I don't hear a lot of boxiness in the vids, but maybe it's more pronounced in person.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks everyone. I got one from CME on Reverb for $925 and they said it's in good shape. Super pumped!

Good going! CME puts out some great deals. I got $1000 off on an essentially brand new Gibson Songwriter Deluxe 12-string. $1000 off! Great guitar! Not quite up to the superb sonic standard of my Guild JF30-12 (which cost about 1/3 as much), but I ain't complainin'!

A good deal from CME....
son513-2.jpg

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Welcome, bulldog! I hope you'll post a review when you get the M20.

ClydeTower

Reaction score
Hey Bulldog, ever receive that m20?... Curious how you're liking it. Give us your feedback :)