Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
r9E2zND.png

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
thats great that u are a Veteran. thank you for the service! If NY didn’t charge so much for the custom plates i would definitely do something cool. so many possibilities. example:
fcYnL4.jpg

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
woops forgot you are an acoustic guy. here we are, much better

juEVVs.jpg

Antney

Reaction score
Driving to the Cape early one summer morning I looked in the rear view mirror and saw a red Jeep Wrangler flying down the left lane...it was about 300 yards back and I could see the wild blonde hair blowing wildly over the top of the windshield, the roof was off. When it flew by me it also had the doors removed, a leggy blonde wearing white sunglasses glanced over at me, she had to be doing 80. Her plate: OOHAHH

F312

Reaction score
Since I put VNV plates on my pickup ten years ago I've got three warnings, no tickets, 'think I'm getting respect. One thing I do when being pulled over is open my window, put my arm out, and the other arm is upon the steering wheel in full site, and respect the officer.

Ralph

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
What Ralph; you don't argue with and curse at the officer?

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
yup, that's when I get real respectful. "Yes sir" and "No sir." My mama didn't raise no fools.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
yup, that's when I get real respectful. "Yes sir" and "No sir." My mama didn't raise no fools.

In fact I had a real-life "pass" once when pulled over for doing 35 in a 25 at night.
Started reaching for papers in the glove box when I realized the officer might not be able to see my hands and might think I was going for a weapon.
Gang violence was starting to be a real problem in San Jose.
So I backed off and held my hands up where he could see 'em.
When he got to my window he asked me why, and I told him, and that I realized maybe he would rather tell me when to go for my papers.
He gave me a funny look for a second but I think it bought me a ton of sympathy.
Asked me if I knew what the limit was and I told him the last sign I saw was 35, he told me it changed to 25 right where he lit me up and let me off with the warning.
"Thank you sir! Just want you to know there's folks out there that really do appreciate what you do!"

F312

Reaction score
In fact I had a real-life "pass" once when pulled over for doing 35 in a 25 at night.
Started reaching for papers in the glove box when I realized the officer might not be able to see my hands and might think I was going for a weapon.
Gang violence was starting to be a real problem in San Jose.
So I backed off and held my hands up where he could see 'em.
When he got to my window he asked me why, and I told him, and that I realized maybe he would rather tell me when to go for my papers.
He gave me a funny look for a second but I think it bought me a ton of sympathy.
Asked me if I knew what the limit was and I told him the last sign I saw was 35, he told me it changed to 25 right where he lit me up and let me off with the warning.
"Thank you sir! Just want you to know there's folks out there that really do appreciate what you do!"

There you go, "respect" pays off in so many ways.

Ralph

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Was?

Ralph

Es bedeutet : "When you take your hat off, you get anywhere."

Vapaa käännös, mutta merkitys on sama.

Fairly free translation, but meaning remains.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Es bedeutet : "When you take your hat off, you get anywhere."

Vapaa käännös, mutta merkitys on sama.

Fairly free translation, but meaning remains.

Ah, I didn't get all of it either, but there's a literal English translation of that German phrase "mit dem Hute in der Hand": "I come to you with hat in hand" implying a humble request.