1992 Guild D 48

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Have any of you LTGers ever had a chance to play this model??? Frankly, I had never seen one, played one or even knew it existed until I saw it out on Reverb. I picked it up (pics etc. on a prior NGD post) and I am truly impressed. I really adore this guitar. I verified with Hans that it is a 1992 model. The Bluebook of Acoustic Guitars says it was produced for only that year, 1992. But, it also said it had dot inlays on the fingerboard and they were all wrong on that.

It is a gorgeous looking (IMHO) and sounding (again IMHO) Guild Dread. It has the beautiful burst finish that Guild does better than most, gold Grover tuning machines, solid Spruce top, solid Mahogany sides, Rosewood fingerboard (with really nice inlays), Rosewood bridge and a laminated arched Mahogany back. The body is bound top and bottom and the fingerboard is bound as well. This came with a pickup of some sort. I don't know what kind it is. whether or not it was factory installed or even if it works because I've only played it unplugged to this point.

I don't know how many were ever produced or if I just got lucky and got a really good one. I'd really like to hear from anybody else that either owns one or has played one and hear what they have to say about it.

bobouz

Reaction score
Richard, I have a near-mint D6nt-hg (essentially a clone of a D-40), built in 1992.

I mentioned it in the link referenced above by Bonneville. What stands out to my eye is the particularly high overall build quality & beautiful wood throughout. It also has what I would call a soft & shallow 'D' shaped neck profile that closely mimics the profile of my early '70s Guilds (one of my all-time favorite neck profiles).

From a bit of info I've run across on the internet & this limited first-hand experience, it seems that the Westerly factory was putting out some stellar stuff in '92.

Btw, congrats on another great find!