Got me a Guild at WalMart

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
never thought of that. Hmmm where is that warranty card?
Don't worry about it. It doesn't affect coverage or recognition.
https://guildguitars.com/warranty-policy/
It's still basically same as Fender's with a couple of new caveats thrown in.
Just need to present your receipt.
And be sure to let Walmart know what you want:
"Guild Guitars has established a network of independent Authorized Service Centers for warranty service. The Guild Dealer from whom you purchased your instrument may also be authorized for warranty service and should be the first point of contact when service of any kind is required for your Guild instrument. "

Yes, that is strange... How's the intonation?
That actually came up with a NH instrument, and to my surprise, owner was told it was "acceptable".
It's why I remembered the thread if not the poster.
I agree though, any change of set-up has to affect intonation.

beecee

Reaction score
It really is sweet Ray. I'll try to get a better picture of it later but i'm sitting on my duff grinding out paperwork.

Action is a tad high, intonation seemed fine but I didn't go too far. Smells almost like a cedar cigar box, from what I remember, I quit cigars 6 years ago.

Al, I can't wait to go back to WM and see if they would adjust my saddle under warranty.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Al, I can't wait to go back to WM and see if they would adjust my saddle under warranty.
LOL!
Would love to see how they handle the referral to an Authorized Service Center.
Suspect you may be talking to Oxnard to get any kind of realistic assist.
I just realized my original comment may have seemed "generic", but I was specifically talking about the saddle being at an angle like that.
The real potential problem I see is if that saddle's lowered, being at an angle like that, it could have a noticeable effect on intonation.
That is a beautiful 'burst, BTW.
:friendly_wink:

PittPastor

Reaction score
It really is sweet Ray. I'll try to get a better picture of it later but i'm sitting on my duff grinding out paperwork.
Action is a tad high, intonation seemed fine but I didn't go too far. Smells almost like a cedar cigar box, from what I remember, I quit cigars 6 years ago.

Yeah, my humicase has that smell. I kind of dig it. Manly, humidore, sort of smell. Pics look great! Does it come with medium or light strings? Medium strings seem to have a higher action out of the gate. IDK why.

Just_Guild

Reaction score
Well I received the guitar today. Perfect condition, beautiful wood and after tuning, pretty amazing sound. Very pleased so far, real nice guitar at an awesome price. I'll post pictures if I figure out how. Used to know....wasn't there a shortcut so you didn't have to go the URL route?

Anyway, happy camper. Thanks for the heads up.

beecee

Reaction score
looks just like mine, nice pictures, you got the lighting down to really show the nice burst.

PittPastor, it does have mediums. i'm going to let it settle for a few days before I play with it.

Little busy right now with another acquisition!!!!:friendly_wink:

beecee

Reaction score
Beecee -- you go! I'm living vicariously through you guys these days! (I bought the Mesa Rosette 300 Amp, so my guitar budget is depleted right now...

I had no intention of buying ANYTHING!!!

I just replaced a 15kwh lead acid battery bank at my cabin with LiPo's. Not cheap but much easier to deal with.

A fellow on these forums mentioned something in passing that I found compelling and asked about it. I have a wonderful NH F-30R in hand that is every bit as nice as described.

Then of course Mark WW started this madness...

I ordered a NS Starfire III from WalMart as well, with TKL hardshell case. Due in today.

I still need to sell off some of the higher end models. Just finding the time to get the pix is not easy lately

Just_Guild

Reaction score
Worked for me. That's a beauty!

I'd say that is about as close to a steal of a deal for a new guitar I've heard of. Nice job!

It is and thanks to the OP for the heads up. Plus it includes a stand, polishing cloth, picks and a strap, and the case. Since we are going away this weekend, this will be my travel guitar. Sounds great too!

beecee

Reaction score
You mean the main house? Or the doghouse I would be living in if I even tried it?

UkpCGyJ.jpg
[/IMG]

beecee

Reaction score
Look at the bright side...you'd have a duet!

XWNtBcQ.jpg
[/IMG]

Just_Guild

Reaction score