NGD X 2, or maybe 3, or maybe even 4

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
As I emailed to Eric, sometimes you feel like you just hit the Lotto. I had 3 guitars delivered today.

The first is a D 60 which is one of my personal all-time favorite Guild Maples. The grain is gorgeous. It has a bit of finish checking but that doesn't bother me one bit.

The 2nd is a D 48. Interesting guitar and one I'd never seen or played. It's pretty minty and gorgeous to boot. Solid Spruce top, solid Mahogany sides and an arched Mahogany back. Just a killer tone/sound/volume. I couldn't be happier.

Then I made a trade + cash deal with Todd aka Bone Digger (what a great handle) for my Starfire 3 for his F 412. I haven't opened the box yet because it's pretty cold here right now but he posted pics before and it's a gorgeous piece. I'm not a huge lover of 12 strings, but I do love the Guild Maple (I don't think anybody does it better) and I for sure love any acoustic more than I do an electric. If Todd is happy with the Starfire then it's a done deal. Did you all know Todd is an Archeologist, ergo the handle. Is that cool or what!!!!

The last one I'll need to keep a surprise. Not sure it's a done deal yet but if it works out it will be pretty special for sure. I'll update ya'll later.

I emailed some pics of the D 60 and the D 48 to Eric. If he gets time, he'll post them here. If the pics are crappy, that's on me not Eric. I ain't all that good a picture taker I guess.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Congratulations, Richard!

It must be tough to keep your signature up to date, but I don't see the D64 you bought. Did you move it out?

walrus

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
i don’t know where u guys find this stuff...and I don’t wanna know!!

D-60

VeU6uW.jpg

Zhxvqs.jpg

AZAcjF.jpg

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
as for the D-48, u just don’t see this “bleeding peach pit cherry sunburst” on a spruce top too often, BUT I LIKE IT

NkM7Kp.jpg

zrvPCl.jpg

hNBn71.jpg

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh, so THIS is what addiction looks like.

Seriously though, congrats! Those are two real beauties.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I played the MegaMillions lottery in Ca, tonight. It was up to $1 BILLION with a B. If I win, I'm going on a Rich type spending spree.

beecee

Reaction score
That maple grain on the back of that D-60 is stunning. Nice arse!!!!

Glad to see the 412 heading your way too.

beecee

Reaction score
Did you all know Todd is an Archeologist, ergo the handle, (Bonedigger). Is that cool or what!!!!

You can guess my age by my handle. :stupid:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Very very cool . O happy days 😁
Enjoy !

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I played the MegaMillions lottery in Ca, tonight. It was up to $1 BILLION with a B. If I win, I'm going on a Rich type spending spree.

I'm in on that - a non-zero chance! Apparently you didn't win (me neither) since it's now, suddenly, up to $1.6 Billion!

With a win like that, I'd definitely be contacting Oxnard!

beecee

Reaction score
I'm in on that - a non-zero chance! Apparently you didn't win (me neither) since it's now, suddenly, up to $1.6 Billion!

With a win like that, I'd definitely be contacting Oxnard!

With a win like that I'd BUY Oxnard!!

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
Very Nice! Congratulations!! :glee: