Big CITES news!

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
It's funny that I'm reading this while sitting in the same coffee shop where ~5 years ago I stood in line to order directly in front of Mr. Babcock, who at the time was still coaching the Red Wings. He endured some Wings chitchat from his fellow customers with professional patience. :)

-Dave-

thats awesome. id imagine he also got the coffee for free!

I was in a bar in Vermont watching the gold medal Olympic game when Crosby scored the OT gold medal game winner...all the Canadians had come down from Quebec and my friend and I were the only 2 Americans (plus the employees) in the place, probably about 60-70 Canadians and a mob of Canadians in the doorway and spilling out into the parking lot (i remeber we quit skiing about 3 hours early to get a prime table for this). Anyway, i’ve never seen anything like the chain of events inside that bar, after Crosby scored that goal. Everyone was super cool but with that said, we got out of there pretty fast! The quote I refrenced above is from the morning before that game.

I still think Marty St. Louis should have been on that team, but they did win gold without him, and to go there now would be “beyond veering” in this venue, im afraid.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
thats awesome. id imagine he also got the coffee for free!

Could be! I saw him at this same coffee shop a few times during his Wings tenure. According to people who worked there he often stopped by on his way into Detroit. A bunch of Wings players also lived in the same area. Darren McCarty was in the same shop a lot (after he stopped drinking other stuff)…I bought him a double espresso after the Wings won the Cup in 2008. :)

Almost veering beyond… :angel:

-Dave-