Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: 1999-2000-2001 D55 / Your Thoughts

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Dickson, TN
    Posts
    1,013

    1999-2000-2001 D55 / Your Thoughts

    I have two D40s and friend has a very nice D55 and although I have seen and played it, I do not remember the SN. I do remember it was a 1999 or 2000 or 2001 build.
    Do any members own a D55 of this time period? I was impressed but that was a 15 minute sitting and playing. What about over a longer period of time by an owner?
    He has offered a very good trade!
    1962 Epiphone Century Cherry Hollow Body Arch Top E422T
    1969 Guild D40 Hoboken label AJ 2940 but Westerly made
    1971 Guild D40 "Guild Guitar Inc" label SN 55360
    1984 Guild D46
    1993 Guild DV52 NT
    2000 Guild JF65 6 String

  2. #2
    West R Lee did then I bought it from him but I ended up selling it because I did not need more then one dread but to the point it was a very nice guitar well balanced and full of warm tone . One day Iíll buy one again . :)

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Dickson, TN
    Posts
    1,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayk View Post
    West R Lee did then I bought it from him but I ended up selling it because I did not need more then one dread but to the point it was a very nice guitar well balanced and full of warm tone . One day Iíll buy one again . :)
    Thank you RayK and I will take that as a definite "yes."
    1962 Epiphone Century Cherry Hollow Body Arch Top E422T
    1969 Guild D40 Hoboken label AJ 2940 but Westerly made
    1971 Guild D40 "Guild Guitar Inc" label SN 55360
    1984 Guild D46
    1993 Guild DV52 NT
    2000 Guild JF65 6 String

  4. #4
    Senior Member dreadnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    7,043
    That would be from the end of the Westerly era, some great guitars were made then.
    "The air's as still as the throttle on a funeral train." John Prine

    '76 D-25M
    '99 DV-52ABHG
    '98 DeArmond Starfire Special
    Takamine Acoustic Flying "A"
    Crate CA-125D Acoustic Amp
    Fishman Loudbox Mini Acoustic Amp

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuball48 View Post
    I have two D40s and friend has a very nice D55 and although I have seen and played it, I do not remember the SN. I do remember it was a 1999 or 2000 or 2001 build.
    Do any members own a D55 of this time period? I was impressed but that was a 15 minute sitting and playing. What about over a longer period of time by an owner?
    He has offered a very good trade!
    Don't have one from that time period, but I can attest that my 2012 D55 is a fantastic guitar. Its the most balanced, versatile and best all-around guitar I own. As I have said in another thread, if I had to keep just one, it would be my D55.

    Cheers!
    1965 Guild F30
    2012 Guild D55
    2017 Guild F55e SB
    2015 Gibson Sheryl Crow SJ
    2017 Gibson SJ200 SB
    2015 Taylor 214
    2009 Fender Strat
    2015 Epi Les Paul Traditionnal

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Dickson, TN
    Posts
    1,013
    Up to 3 "yes" votes. Looks like I need to take some extra "rathole" money on my next trip north.
    1962 Epiphone Century Cherry Hollow Body Arch Top E422T
    1969 Guild D40 Hoboken label AJ 2940 but Westerly made
    1971 Guild D40 "Guild Guitar Inc" label SN 55360
    1984 Guild D46
    1993 Guild DV52 NT
    2000 Guild JF65 6 String

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadnut View Post
    That would be from the end of the Westerly era, some great guitars were made then.
    That's what I figured, though my oldest is from Corona (and it's great, too).

    Quote Originally Posted by Stu
    I have two D40s.... He has offered a very good trade!
    Unload an extra D40, pick up a Westerly D55.... Sounds like a no-brainer!

    2011 Guild F50R Sunburst
    2002 Guild JF30-12 Sunburst
    2018 Gibson Ltd. Ed. Songwriter Deluxe 12-string
    2015 Martin GPC12PA4 12-string
    
2012 Epiphone Lennon EJ-160E VS

    
1972 Epiphone FT-160 12-string
    2012 Epiphone Dot CH

    2010 Epiphone Les Paul Standard trans amber 

    2013 Yamaha Motif XS7

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Dickson, TN
    Posts
    1,013
    RayK, Dreadnut, Clyde, and Cougar are four respected endorsements. I was leaning and now about to fall.
    1962 Epiphone Century Cherry Hollow Body Arch Top E422T
    1969 Guild D40 Hoboken label AJ 2940 but Westerly made
    1971 Guild D40 "Guild Guitar Inc" label SN 55360
    1984 Guild D46
    1993 Guild DV52 NT
    2000 Guild JF65 6 String

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuball48 View Post
    RayK, Dreadnut, Clyde, and Cougar are four respected endorsements. I was leaning and now about to fall.
    Just remember thereís always a chance of a disappointment but fret not there few and far between .😉

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Dickson, TN
    Posts
    1,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayk View Post
    Just remember thereís always a chance of a disappointment but fret not there few and far between .😉
    Will be a couple weeks before I am in his part of US but I will give it a thorough inspection visually, manually, and sonically.
    1962 Epiphone Century Cherry Hollow Body Arch Top E422T
    1969 Guild D40 Hoboken label AJ 2940 but Westerly made
    1971 Guild D40 "Guild Guitar Inc" label SN 55360
    1984 Guild D46
    1993 Guild DV52 NT
    2000 Guild JF65 6 String

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •