Question About Wall Hangers

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Rich, those are just the hog D25s... I'll rotate those out with the spruce-top D25s soon and perhaps
post a photo of those.

Why... well - they're all noticeably different to play, even among the three Coronas, which were probably built around the same
time. Different characters, different voices... all compelling in their own way, with one guitar often leading to unexpected musical places than the guitar
right next to it. Can't explain why that happens, but it does, and I'm happy it's that way.
I have my favorites, of course. And I sell stuff too - but not as often as I collect.

Richard and GAD... LOL ...what would I do without you guys?

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Unless they're being played, mine are in the case. I have several young grandchildren.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I do use wall hangers for about 20 guitars I tend to play regularly.

How can 20 guitars be played regularly ? I don't have half that and there are some that haven't seen the outside of there cases in weeks.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Well, when you're retired, live alone, play often and regularly (albeit not all that well) and have dogs that seem to love listening to tunes it's really not all that hard to do. A lot easier actually than firing up the chain saw, cutting up down trees, splitting the logs and then stacking it for firewood. Now, that is hard, trust me.

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
Well, when you're retired, live alone, play often and regularly (albeit not all that well) and have dogs that seem to love listening to tunes it's really not all that hard to do. A lot easier actually than firing up the chain saw, cutting up down trees, splitting the logs and then stacking it for firewood. Now, that is hard, trust me.

Richard,
I've noticed it too that my two doggies come and sit nearby when I'm playing the guitar. Dogs' hearing abilities far outweigh us humans. I'm sure they enjoy the vibrations and the sound variations, perhaps even more than we do....though I'm not sure about their word recognition!

Hey, TX, you probably have something to say on this subject.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
My dogs love to lie on carpeting in my music room and listen to me play & sing. Canine groupies.

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
This guy put 75lbs on a typical wall hanger - that's enough to handle most any Guild :wink:

Guitar-Hanger-Strength-Test-1.jpg