Gibson update...

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
First car in our family was Kaiser - I was small kid, and all I remember is that it was green - and one day someone decided to change lane while we were on next, so there was some screeching of side paneling. Was there a 4-door version? Or were they all 2-doors?
If it was a Henry J they were all 2-doors, but Kaiser did make other models.
It was in mid 50:s and those days after war it was very difficult to get any car at all here.
I'm a bit surprised, I would have thought somebody like Volvo would be anxious to fill the demand, but perhaps it was a question of meeting their own domestic demand first.
Scarcity of raw materials, perhaps, while the whole of Europe was in recovery mode?
Oh, Wiki has this note:
"In 1947 the Dutch company Nederlandse Kaiser-Frazer Fabrieken (NEKAF) was created with a new factory constructed in Rotterdam. NEKAF assembled 6,000 1949 Kaiser knock-down kits imported from the US using some local content (batteries, tires, interior, carpets, glass) and ignition and electrical system parts from France and Great Britain. Kaiser cars were assembled through 1954 with NEKAF exporting to Europe, South America and the Middle East. "
Probably one of those?
By golly, here we go:
image.jpg

And a '53 Deluxe certainly looks like it was a 4-door version of the Henry J:
20169270_2.jpg

Last edited: