AARP and Alzheimer's Association

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
3 of us from Eldermusic, Inc. are doing opening music for this benefit gig on OCT 19- we'll be playing in the foyer as people arrive. We'll just be doing some of the songs we do with our old friends at the Alzheimer's units: You Are My Sunshine, Let Me Call You Sweetheart, I've Been Workin' On The Railroad, This Land Is Your Land, When The Saints Go Marching In, This Train Is Bound For Glory, Swing Low Sweet Chariot, some old hymns, etc.

The main concert will be performed by a "senior's orchestra." Refreshments, silent auction, and so on. Should be fun and we'll do some networking with these other organizations.

dbirchett

Reaction score
Nothing better than playing for an appreciative audience.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
The show was great, thanks for asking!

We warmed 'em up with some songs in the foyer as everyone was coming in, many stood there and sang along with us.

The main concert was a seniors "Big Band," they were really fun to listen to. Lots of brass, piano, drums, great old music.

The silent auction was a big hit, I donated an Ukelele with a "shark bridge, it was one of the more popular items in the auction.

I did some useful networking with people from AARP and the West Michigan Alzheimer's Association.

beecee

Reaction score
We warmed 'em up with some songs in the foyer as everyone was coming in, many stood there and sang along with us.

Ha, that's always a good sign.