AP-1 Pickup Removal?

Nathan

Reaction score
I finally got around to installing a JJB Prestige-330 in my other acoustic, and now I'm itching to rip the UST out of my OM-240CE post haste. Can't believe I waited this long.

I scoured the internet, and it appears to be an endpin preamp - that parts easy, but what's the best way to remove the volume & battery without damage? Is this a gently pry / scrape, or do I need chemical help?

CosmicArkie

Reaction score
Last edited:

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
hello

I have OM-240 CE, too - I am very interested to hear your findings with new pickup. If you are putting in new without volume control, there should be no reason to remove the present controls - neither the battery pouch.

Please let us know how it goes - preferably with sound clips before-after.

Nathan

Reaction score
Thanks - that's what I was hoping to hear. I just didn't want to pry if prying would do damage.

The battery and controls won't be used, I'm running an external preamp (Radial SB-4). To leave them in requires I cut it, but I figured I might sell it - I've seen a few on Reverb. I just realized I need a shim under the bridge if I do that. The JJB-330 has a similar sized endpin jack, so no filler needed.