I Hate When That Happens

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I'm going to play one of my compositions next Monday at a local mic. Can't wait! My son and his spouse are visiting from Portland, Oregon. That's what it's all about, no?
Got to be a thrill and honor and yep, agree, that is what it's all about.

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
Got to be a thrill and honor and yep, agree, that is what it's all about.

Stuball48,
I once owned a DV-52, before I fell for a DV-72. I have to say that I was floored by the DV-52's tone and power of projection. The DV-72 equaled it, but I'm not sure it surpassed it. Of course, the DV-72 was much more eye candy, but that's another story. The back story is that I sold it to a young guy out in California, who ultimately sold it to the guy who sold it to me from eastern Pennsylvania (after I got them connected to one another). The guy in Pennsylvania was tickled pink to get it back. I guess we LTGers have many stories about seller's remorse, no? I know Rich Peterson has expressed that sentiment. Rich is a true guitarist. He believes that guits come and go through our hands, and that's the way it's supposed to be....as long as they're LTGers!

Rich

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Stuball48,
I once owned a DV-52, before I fell for a DV-72. I have to say that I was floored by the DV-52's tone and power of projection. The DV-72 equaled it, but I'm not sure it surpassed it. Of course, the DV-72 was much more eye candy, but that's another story. The back story is that I sold it to a young guy out in California, who ultimately sold it to the guy who sold it to me from eastern Pennsylvania (after I got them connected to one another). The guy in Pennsylvania was tickled pink to get it back. I guess we LTGers have many stories about seller's remorse, no? I know Rich Peterson has expressed that sentiment. Rich is a true guitarist. He believes that guits come and go through our hands, and that's the way it's supposed to be....as long as they're LTGers!

Rich
I bought my DV52 from a fellow in McLean, VA while visiting my son in Falls Church, VA. Think you gave me the name of Action Music which has become my favorite place to visit in Falls Church. Same fellow has a very nice D55 and said he would trade it to me to get DV52 back. Of course he wants some boot. Not sure I want to make that trade right now. Each time I play the DV52 it sounds amazing.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Some of you may recall I gave my '99 DV-52 to my son for his college graduation a couple of months ago:

A3f6vm4.jpg

rwxflaH.jpg

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Music isn't a competition.

True, but us SO easy to start comparing our playing with others. As someone posted above, when I saw Tommy Emmanuel play, I felt I had totally wasted 35 years of owning a guitar. What was the point ? But, I found that it forced me to STOP noodling and take lessons. Learn to become at least some sort of musician and try to play with others. I will never play like Tommy, or any number of players, some of whom probably hang out here, but I have a goal to at least be able to play some of his EASIEST songs recognizably.

My instructor and some of his friends and students just played in a Starbucks a week ago, in a postage stamp corner. Two bass players, a drummer, and me sitting next to the drummer right below and in front of the monitors. I really couldn't hear my amp. It was pointed at my instructor, so I didn't dare crank it up and mess him up, so I just left it alone. I felt I played really poorly and my solos were thin and uninspired. I guess I could just be depressed, but I have spent THIS week doing nothing but playing with backing tracks of the keys that our songs are in. Trying to KNOW what notes to play and not slid into them, if I make a mistake. Just try to use the comparison of others to motivate instead of disappoint, I guess.