Judy Collins and Ari Hest.... who knew?

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Beautiful Judy Collins (saw her last year, AH-MAZING) and Ari Hest (handsome and new to me) that do a new version of one of her old standards. I was IMPRESSED!! Keep in mind, she's 80 years old and still sings like an angel......

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes Tom what a voice still. It's a shame how she has aged, she was so beautiful in her day. Weren't we all? She still has those striking blue eyes..............Time is a thief.

Jeez, CA, at 79 I *still* think she's beautiful. True, though, time is a thief.

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Saw her a few years ago at The Levoy Theater in Millville. She just released Strangers Again, and that song got to me then, and still does. She was playing that 12-string, and her crew went and changed strings just before she went on stage without telling her. She was apologizing for not being able to stay in tune, then one of her crew piped up that they just changed strings. Ms. Collins was NOT happy, and let her crew (and us) know.

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey, we're all getting there...I've been on Medicare for a month :uncomfortableness: But back to subject originally at hand, Ari Heist is a good player, have a CD my sister recommended...he does a wicked version of Springstein's "I'm On Fire."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpTXIK24p0Y

I put up this one, where he isn't using at Taylor...:single_eye:

Last edited: