Kudos to an LTG member!

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
I opened up the current issue of Acoustic Guitar magazine (October) and discovered a full page review of Glenn Jones' (wileypickett) new CD "The Giant Who Ate Himself (and Other New Works for 6 and 12 String Guitar)". There is a nice photo of Glenn playing a beautiful Guild mahogany-top dreadnaught guitar.

Congratulations on a very positive review! I am a long time fan of John Fahey's music, and I look forward to hearing these new songs.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
very, very cool. knew u were major league and have heard u are a next level guitar player. still that is too cool. congrats!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Awesome and congrats Wiley :)

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
i think Glenn has a tiny desk concert too i got to see online. he was playing one of his DV 72s? or maybe the 73?

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I bought a couple of his CD's (and encourage all of you to do the same if you'd like to hear just wonderful acoustic playing). I listen to them often. Very soothing.

Aristera

Reaction score
Just ordered a copy of "The Giant Who Ate Himself (and Other New Works for 6 and 12 String Guitar)" from Amazon Prime. I know what I'll be listening to this weekend. Thanks, Glenn for keeping the music coming!

wileypickett

Reaction score
Aw shucks, if my daddy could see me now, to quote the Bard. (Jimi Hendrix)

Thanks all for cheering me up.

New album is getting a really nice response (Mojo, Uncut, Guitar Player, Pitchfork, Financial Times [!], The Wire, and many others), which is kinda surprising as the album goes to some bleak, dark places at times.

Guitars used on the album: Guild DV72 (I don’t own a DV73, but always looking!), a D66, an F2512 12-string, and an Alvarez MD70, a great sounding cedar-topped guitar and the first cedar I’ve ever owned. (Tried out a few other cedar-topped guitars after finding this one at a yard sale for no money, including Taylors, and nothing comes close. Don’t know if this is just one of those magical guitars, or if all Alvarez cedar-topped are this good. Anyone else have any experience?)

Anyway, thanks! And if anyone wants to buy a copy (LP or CD) from me directly, drop a line.

Glenn

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Glenn, I have one. Not for sale right now but everything I have will be at some point in time (likely sooner than later). When I list it I'll try to get back what I paid for it. Maybe I paid too much, I'm not sure. Hard to put a price on these.

I'd be really happy if a guitar I had owned was used by you to create some of the absolutely wonderful songs you put out.

We can talk later about this if you'd like.

Aristera

Reaction score
Glenn,

I got your CD on Sunday from Amazon Prime. I've been listening to it a couple times thru. The tune I liked best was The Last Passenger Pigeon. Nice liner notes too. See you're still using your special capo. It really makes your style standout.

James

docfishr

Reaction score
I had a Guild CV-1C with Cedar top. It too was a magical guitar. Still is but my band mate owns it now.