Guild S-300: My new Big Bottomed Girlfriend!

GuildedCage

Reaction score
Guild Total
I posted her in an older thread today but I would really like opinions on my new best gal. It is a 1981 Lefty which makes her 37, I was waaay more beat up looking at 37 than this guitar is! It was obviously someones case queen but that is going to be changed. Guilds are made to be played. Hey, that sounds like a good slogan, I should sell it to Guild.
gpR1KmZ.jpg
[/IMG]
6Q4cVoi.jpg
[/IMG]
CZ6HuS8.jpg
[/IMG]
eqT3fE4.jpg
[/IMG]

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Obligatory rock geek response...

Fat bottomed girls
You make the rockin' world go round!

Very nice looking axe. Classy. I think you need to name her. You already have Elvira, so who is this gal?

Last edited:

GuildedCage

Reaction score
Guild Total
Obligatory rock geek response...

Fat bottomed girls
You make the rockin' world go round!

Very nice looking axe. Classy. I think you need to name her. You already have Elvira, so who is this gal?

I have not picked a name for her yet! She deserves a good one. ''Betty White''? No, I think that is taken!

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
man a lefty S-300 that is just bizzaro world! especially in Canada that just makes it even cooler. u could name it “Gretzky,” aye? a white lefty indeed...

GuildedCage

Reaction score
Guild Total
man a lefty S-300 that is just bizzaro world! especially in Canada that just makes it even cooler. u could name it “Gretzky,” aye? a white lefty indeed...

It is pretty bizarre how I came across two lefty S-series Guilds! It is my understanding that Lefty vintage Guilds were all ordered from the factory rather than sending them out to retail stores to collect dust. My S-70 provided me with years of faithful service so when I found the 300 lefty within Canada I had to jump on it. I had considered adding another guitar to the stable and I went to some music stores to test drive some. I tried a LP, a SG, a Charvel San Dimas and a Tele. The tele almost had me because they are bulletproof guitars. I forgot them all when I saw ''La Flama Blanca.'' (The White Flame lol) Wayner was the Great one but it is too curvy to have a man's name. I like what I like and fortunately I now have two guitars that are made to play and they last a long time.

GuildedCage

Reaction score
Guild Total
I also noticed that Guild used to show love for lefty players and they produced quite a few lefty models. I don't think any new Guilds are available in left now.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Those are Time Bandits. My choice would be Strutter.

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Not seeing many lefty Guilds I notice they didn't splurge to have LH Tail Pieces made!

guilds300dwhite02.jpg

Yours is also a later model after the pickguard went bye-bye.

GuildedCage

Reaction score
Guild Total
A pickguard would have been nice but I kinda like the look with no guard. As for lefties, I noticed a bunch of my left handed brethren have been spamming the comment section on Guilds site! Begging Guild to do lefty polaras and bluesbirds. I don't think they are producing any overseas made Guild lefties now. I am concerned about the original strap buttons she is sporting, I don't want an accident. I might just leave them as they are. There is no problem until there is a problem.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I don't think they are producing any overseas made Guild lefties now.
Given that those are built on a contract manufacturing basis, I doubt there ever will be, unless they commit to an entire production run of each model.
They might be able to get away with smaller runs but I think it'll prove out to be too costly in the end.
In Westerly they had the flexibility to do acoustic one-offs as-special orders, but one model was excluded in the '01 price list, the S4.
Electrics carried a $100.00 up-charge:
http://www.westerlyguildguitars.com/files/Guild2001.pdf
'88 showed a 15% price adder:
http://www.westerlyguildguitars.com/files/88PL1.jpg