RIP Aretha Frankiln

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Yeah that bites may she be singing with the angels 👼

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
RIP Aretha, The one and only Queen of Soul and the Original Diva of Music! You will be greatly missed.

TX

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
she moved to Detroit when she was 4. She never left. I really like that. she sang the national anthem often for Detroit sports teams. even up to 2016. i was watching the players faces in some videos last night, they are all like shell shocked Aretha Franklin was singing near them.

still my favorite: https://youtu.be/WY66elCQkYk

great sense of humor too

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
A former colleague of mine sold a car to Aretha ~30 years ago. Or rather took her order as she'd already chosen the model and had all the options spec'd out. She was courteous but insistent that the details of the sale had to be just so. When the car was ready she arrived in a taxi, on her own, to pick it up and then drove off with a wave. :)

-Dave-

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
A former colleague of mine sold a car to Aretha ~30 years ago. Or rather took her order as she'd already chosen the model and had all the options spec'd out. She was courteous but insistent that the details of the sale had to be just so. When the car was ready she arrived in a taxi, on her own, to pick it up and then drove off with a wave. :)

-Dave-

now that is awesome! no handler? awesome.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
now that is awesome! no handler? awesome.

My former colleague had the strong impression Aretha was doing an end-run around her own entourage. :) Her family and friends were very protective of her, as they'd also tried to be of her father.

-Dave-

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm just RUINED!!! She sold my youth and early adulthood, and then adulthood (like I'll ever reach that!!) and I'm just so sad..... RIP my dear. I hope you KNOW you much you ROCKED my world. <3 <3