12'' fretboard radius for MIA Guilds VS 16'' radius for MIC Guilds - Why?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
The good news is that CMG only has to look towards El Cajon to know how to make it happen.

2806.jpg

Oh. You said El Cajon.
Sorry, my bad.

F312

Reaction score
OH I'll be happy if they just confirm they still have the body bucks and plans to use 'em.

Otherwise, my "pipe dream" custom order would be F40 w/ arched rosewood back ; 24-3/4 scale full 2-octave neck with 1-11/16 nut; closed tuners. The nut width is critical, for me, it's that width on the 24-3/4" neck that's so hard to find, on a full-depth F40 body.
Heck even a 24-7/8" or 25" scale'd probably work, just looking for something a little bit easier on my stretching hand than the 3 I have now.
I'm not real fussy about "bling" like block inlays, G-shield, etc.
But if they contemplate positioning it where the F40 used to reside, right next to the F50; then bling certainly isn't a turn-off to me.
Maybe another way of looking at it would be a revival of the F47Rce except for the scale/nut width.
I'd probably be flexible about whether the back was arched too, with rosewood.

I would think an F30, with a 24 3/4" fretboard could be possible in the near future.

Ralph

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I would think an F30, with a 24 3/4" fretboard could be possible in the near future.
Ralph
That was my previous pipe dream before I decided I want that 16" bout. (F30s're only 15" give or take, and shallower)
And they already have a slot in their numbering system for that size:
http://guildguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/guild-acoustic-naming-structure.pdf
So I'm sure they will make 'em and that those're the OM build Clyde mentioned.
Way back when I was under the impression that perhaps the reason a shortscale hadn't appeared on an F40 outlined body was that it wasn't that good a match.
Then I saw the F45ce.
http://www.westerlyguildguitars.com/guitars/f45ce.html
But it's got a 1-5/8 nut.
(First generation F65ce's were also shortscale with 1-11/16 nut but I've already got the later version and wish it had a slightly wider nut than the 1-5/8 it has. And with a short scale I think it'll benefit from a deeper body tp compensate for the slight loss of energy inherent in shortscales, since my primary interest is acoustic playing)
So as long as my dream guitar's a unicorn I don't have to worry about spending any money.
Yet.
:glee:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
(not that they can necessarily answer questions about the foreign builds, but we did get good access to the decision-makers for those back in the New Hartford days.)