Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
thanks Cougar and Dread for listening and weighing in.
yeah Cougar, me too. I am starting to prefer faster acoustic stuff, just to wake up :)

and i do have to put the mp4 into Camtasia in order to boost the volume. one day i ought to get a really good mic and some kind of simple yet solid recording device.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Damn nice - wow! What is the tuning?

Hey B,

just dropped the Big E string to a D.

mostly the Br's main state. Like Neal will tell you, a D25 flatback's best place is dropped tuning. even a minimal drop, aka one string down 1 step. but that might be true of any acoustic guitar.

steve488

Reaction score
Guild Total
If that is a throwaway then I have a lot guitar skill to master just to make "throwaway status". Well done sir!!

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I really liked that. Great playing, nice tune, not just noodling around. Even the recording was pretty good, especially considering it was a cell phone. Very nice.

F312

Reaction score
If you could see my thumb, it"s up.

Ralph

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
thanks Dennis and Ralph!

I really am liking medium gauge strings on the D25. Mahogany is such a hard wood, lights are fine, and mainly used that gauge for years, but I find mediums to just be louder. i know that is stupid obvious but i need more volume as i get older :). also, many on LTG know the hilarity of my and this guitar over the years and the high E string buzzes with lights as my truss rod is broken/repaired (i still think busted somewhere in there). mediums rectify the issue.

hey, this old Guild dread is more settled, ornery, cranky than I am.

Last edited:

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Was that "horny" or "ornery", or both?

ah i knew i was spelling that one wrong, and i had a sneaking suspicion while typing the word you might chime in Al LOL

ornery. thanks

dbirchett

Reaction score
Nice. Very nice.

I don't think I have ever had an acoustic guitar that didn't ring out that low D. More than E, more than C. Something about that D frequency just resonates. I have several body styles and that doesn't change. Maybe we should all just tune D-D (all strings dropped one step). Or maybe that is just MY resonant frequency.