Friday night what’cha jamming with ?

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Friday night what’cha jamming with ?

End of the work day , did a little wood working and watched the old X- files series now onto Aceint Aliens.

What’s that got to do with guitars ? I know right ! Lol
Well in between all this and a few beers I’m running the gauntlet of guitars and I don’t often run through the list anyway so far it’s been the F55E to my Blueridge BR180A to the CO-2 .

I find when you jump from one guitar to the other in a sitting so to say one really here’s the tonal qualities and can compare in your head which one hits the mark of the mood , that is .

So at the moment the CO-2 is just kicking it for me !

Few more to go through if I make it that long lmao

So what are you rocking tonight?

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Played my 1984 Guild D46 Ash tonight and played a 2010 New Hartford D40 this afternoon at a music store.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Played my 1984 Guild D46 Ash tonight and played a 2010 New Hartford D40 this afternoon at a music store.

Morning :) Cool the D46 was one I’d like to play some time .

I don’t see a lot of Guilds around my parts it would be pot luck to walk in and find one .

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Gonna look at a 69 D40 on my trip to east. Hoboken label but could be Westerly with Hoboken label

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
With all your choices you still keep goin' back to that one...
:glee:
Me?
Friday night was the F65ce, but Saturday was the D25...

LOL at all my choices Al...
oh, and I got medium gauge strings on her right now. fun times.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
And I'm getting used to playing a 1/2 step down.
LOVE the "growl" but tuning's a bit more of a chore.

yes. I did a little of that over the weekend, but mostly i drop just the big E to a D and play it that way. I did Elixir polys for a while, but, now back to uncoateds and going to try a bunch of "cheaper" strings for a while for fun, as i have no funds for GAS. The Martin cheapies are pretty solid strings.

Reaction score
Went acoustic for our Monday night Grateful Dead jam this week. Played my Taylor 314. Only electric was the bass player. Other 2 guitars for a Yamaha FG335 and a Yamaha acoustic/electric (not sure which). We even went completely unplugged for a bit. Hadn't jammed with the Taylor in a while. It was blast. Next week will probably be back to the Bluesbird, but then again, the Strat needs to time in the sunlight too.

Neal

Reaction score
yes. I did a little of that over the weekend, but mostly i drop just the big E to a D and play it that way. I did Elixir polys for a while, but, now back to uncoateds and going to try a bunch of "cheaper" strings for a while for fun, as i have no funds for GAS. The Martin cheapies are pretty solid strings.

I put a set of Elixer Polywebs on my "new" '82 F-50 when I got it last week, simply because it was the only set of mediums I had lying around. The F-50 arrived with Nanoweb PB lights on it, which I quickly perceived as too light, and too bright.

i like the Polywebs a lot on this guitar. Just as loud and lively as the Nanowebs, but noticeably warmer.

I put uncoated D'Addarios on my D-18 at the same time. They are already dead as a door nail. Oh, well. Ordered some more Polywebs for it.