D4 serial number

Reaction score
I recently bought a D4NT s/n is AD041098 but I do not find this s/n in the Guild library.

Can anyone tell me what year this guitar was manufactured?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bruce

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome - D4's are great guitars (bought one for She Who Must Be Obeyed).

Our resident (and the world's) Guild expert has answered your question, so you can consider that the definitive answer.

Stick around - this is fun place.

Reaction score
Thanks! It's nice to be connected to other Guild guitar enthusiasts! I'm looking forward to being part of the group!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Thanks! It's nice to be connected to other Guild guitar enthusiasts! I'm looking forward to being part of the group!

Welcome aboard, Bruce!
Those charts can be kind of confusing, I think what may have thrown you off was that the s/n shown under '94 is for the last s/n they had a record of for '94, and yours easily falls ahead of it.
Also they changed the prefix after '93 so someone with a number after CF006541 for example, really might have a hard time figuring out where their guitar fell.
Apparently there're no records of "last numbers" of an old s/n system when a new s/n system was introduced in mid-year, for several models and periods.
Just something to bear in mind if you're shopping on the net and trying to verify a model year.
:friendly_wink: