1966 f 20 nt

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Just picked this up off Ebay at what I think was a really good price. Can anyone tell me what the original case should have looked like for this year of build and model?

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Some how it posted before I was done typing. The case it came in is a chipboard case with a yellow type lining with no Guild badging anywhere. It has 3 latches.

dklsplace

Reaction score
The case it came in is a chipboard case with a yellow type lining with no Guild badging anywhere. It has 3 latches.

I have an S-90 with a similar case. Chipboard, yellow lining, no badging.

steve488

Reaction score
Guild Total
My Yamaha FG-230 lives in a similar case - chipboard shell with a yellow "semi plush" lining. Bought is new in Spring 1971 to carry the 12 string. It still does today but it is getting somewhat loose. The handgrip split years ago and is now secured with a "retired" high E string. One latch has lost a rivet and is therefore loose and pivots some. Alignment is off on another as the top extends slightly beyond body. I do note however, that once it completely fails, the FG seems to fit in the hard case that came with the D150. In any case, (no pun intended ) it has served well for 47 years...... far more than I expected.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
those are great 12 strings Steve. is yours a red label?
I have had a couple over the years. like the best 12 string if you are on a budget, for sure, though most do need a neck reset :)