Surprised There Was No Chatter About This One

Neal

Reaction score
https://reverb.com/item/13638935-guild-f50-1982-westerly-maple

It has been a while since I bought a Guild, but this player-grade F-50 had my name written all over it.

I missed the F-50 Standard I sold a while back. This one will serve nicely as a stage guitar. It has a K&K Trinity installed.

Lots of weather-checking, but otherwise solid.

It will be good to own a blinged out, G-shield Guild jumbo again.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I must admit, I missed this one. Doesn't happen real often. Nice score and congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Congratulations Neal and really a nice looking guitar. I am saying this one will gets lots of playing time.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
It has been a while since I bought a Guild, but this player-grade F-50 had my name written all over it.

Well done, congratulations, and HNGD!!! Looks like a good'n!.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey Neal..... are you complaining? I miss a lot of stuff but I also get way more stuff than I need. So.... are you okay? I worry about you...... LMFAO!!!! :saturn:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oooh, awesome, Neal. Congrats on snagging it! I think that price is great!

Slightly concerned about the stress-checking on the neck. I suspect it was probably an impact at some point. That said, a maple neck (especially the multi-ply ones) is as solid as it gets. If it plays well, enjoy it!!!!

Neal

Reaction score
I view the neck as having the same kind of temperature-related checking as the rest of the guitar, including the back of the headstock, Chaz. Looks as if it got real cold, then was taken into a warm room and the case was flung open.

Nowhere near as weather-checked as Woody's old D-50 with the "tone flames".

i can overlook a lot of imperfections in an $1,100 F-50...

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Nice buy Neal good to see ya around :)

Neal

Reaction score
Yes, I used that observation regarding the saddle to negotiate a reduction in price. Action is currently spot on, so if a neck reset is needed in the future, it is out there a ways.

Reaction score
Ah, new guy, no need to be jealous! The longer you are here, the more you see these sweet deals pop up now and then!
And who knows..,Neal could keep the guitar for a little while, fix it up to his exacting specs, and then get distracted by something else out there and sell it to a member here at a great price! It’s happened before! LOL! One of us ends up with a great guitar, and Neal goes out and rescues another! He’s like the ASPCA of used and abused Guilds!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
He’s like the ASPCA of used and abused Guilds!

Yeah he couldn't stop after Gloppy:
81%20D-35_zpsz92r0wbu.jpg

:glee:
The whole story:
http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?187410-NGD-Gloppy-the-Totally-Abused-D-35/page5

Neal

Reaction score
Funny you should mention Gloppy, Al.

if you recall, after freeing that D-35 from its spray poly tomb, I ended up giving it to a young talented player I met at an open mic about two years ago.

Last weekend, I played at a music festival nearby. Several sets later, that young player took the stage. In his hand was good old Gloppy, alive, well and sounding great!

TBK711

Reaction score
Now, that is a pretty cool story. Old Gloppy is being used as he should be.