Looking for my stolen '66 F30, #43156

Rocky

Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey y'all, I hope this is the right place to post this (please tell me if it's not!).

So three years ago my beloved '66 F30 Aragon, sunburst with a Fishman, #43156, was stolen from my apartment in NYC along with a whole mess of my gear. Insurance didn't pay it out, but that's irrelevant- it was my baby and I miss it every day. I often search Reverb and EBay for it and this time around, this forum came up in Google so I figured, "Well, I'm a huge Guild fan and this site seems rad, so maybe I'll join the community." :) And maybe since y'all are cruising Craigslist and eBay like me, you might see it. It could be anywhere - in a store, a pawnshop, I don't know. It's registered at Stolen Guitar Registry (which has the date stolen listed wrong, it was April 2015): https://stolenguitarregistry.com/showguitar.php?oid=3004. It's pretty distinctive as it has bearclaw in the top and heavy scratches around the soundhole, rosewood bridge pins, and the finish over the side marker dots has been razored to let the dots be seen.

I'd be grateful for y'all keeping an eye out. This guitar is one of the most special I've ever owned, as it was purchased for me by the community I hosted open mics for when I started my music career back in 2004 and my main guitar then had died. I played it when I opened for Levon Helm. It's been everywhere with me. I'm not a wealthy person, just a working musician, and I'm truly hopeful that opening my situation to this community will bring my baby home. Thanks and all good things to you. - m

SnLtVgc
Thieves suck.

FYI - Firefox reports an issue with that site. Maybe a bad certificate. You may also want to register it here

Which I think is run by the folks at AcousticMusic.org.

MyaByrne

Reaction score
Hey MyaByrne,

Just a note about the built year of your stolen Guild F-30. The guitar is from 1965. I realize that the serial number by itself is enough to identify the guitar, but what if somebody offers an F-30 from 1965 for sale without mentioning the serial number? The result would be that you would not look, because you'd think it's the wrong year!

Good luck!

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl
Omg! I’ve been trying to figure this out for YEARS, Hans!!!

MyaByrne

Reaction score
Just for search engines sake I’m gonna post this:

Looking for my stolen 1965 Guild F30 Aragon, sunburst, serial number 43156. Fishman pickup.

Attachments

• IMG_6423.jpeg
    IMG_6423.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6425.jpeg
    IMG_6425.jpeg
    42.8 KB · Views: 4