Looking for my stolen '66 F30, #43156

MyaByrne

Reaction score
Hey y'all, I hope this is the right place to post this (please tell me if it's not!).

So three years ago my beloved '66 F30 Aragon, sunburst with a Fishman, #43156, was stolen from my apartment in NYC along with a whole mess of my gear. Insurance didn't pay it out, but that's irrelevant- it was my baby and I miss it every day. I often search Reverb and EBay for it and this time around, this forum came up in Google so I figured, "Well, I'm a huge Guild fan and this site seems rad, so maybe I'll join the community." :) And maybe since y'all are cruising Craigslist and eBay like me, you might see it. It could be anywhere - in a store, a pawnshop, I don't know. It's registered at Stolen Guitar Registry (which has the date stolen listed wrong, it was April 2015): https://stolenguitarregistry.com/showguitar.php?oid=3004. It's pretty distinctive as it has bearclaw in the top and heavy scratches around the soundhole, rosewood bridge pins, and the finish over the side marker dots has been razored to let the dots be seen.

I'd be grateful for y'all keeping an eye out. This guitar is one of the most special I've ever owned, as it was purchased for me by the community I hosted open mics for when I started my music career back in 2004 and my main guitar then had died. I played it when I opened for Levon Helm. It's been everywhere with me. I'm not a wealthy person, just a working musician, and I'm truly hopeful that opening my situation to this community will bring my baby home. Thanks and all good things to you. - m

SnLtVgc

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to LTG... and good luck in your quest!

MyaByrne

Reaction score
Thanks, y'all. :) keep yer eyes peeled. Not sure why my pic didn't post but I'll try it again.
SnLtVgc
7p76Cei.png

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
Going to suggest that mods move this post to either misc or acoustic...or perhaps both...for more exposure and not limiting it to members only access...someone 'driving by' might see it...in any case, good luck finding it.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That really sucks, Mya.... Thanks for alerting us, and welcome aboard, by they way!

I am moving this to acoustic/electric...

(oh, by the way, the reason your picture above didn't post was that we have a moderation queue for new members.... I had to approve your post first... this will continue for a little while so be patient)

Last edited:

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Not much worse in life than a thief and especially a guitar thief. Thinking good thoughts for you to recover that baby.

Tico

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss and hope you get it back.

Thanks for posting about that stolen-guitar site.
I was not aware of it.

It would be nice if all sites that sell guitars, eBay, Reverb, CL, many guitar fora etc. could download that database, then automatically check for a match as each guitar is listed.
I think only two fields would be needed, Brand and SN.

That would be labor intensive for the administrators, but could software do that automatically?
It seems simple, but I'm not a writer of computer code.

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I dislike nothing more then a thief .
Eyes on alert .

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
That would be labor intensive for the administrators, but could software do that automatically?
It seems simple, but I'm not a writer of computer code.

It's harder than it would seem. Every listing would have to include Brand and SN, which is not true now. Someone would have to decide on a standard representation for "brand" (Are Fender, FMIC and Fender Musical Instruments one brand or three?) and enforce that standardization somewhere in the process. Standards would be needed for serial numbers as well - people know that AF 1234, AF1234 and AF-1234 are the same serial but computers don't. Similarly BA-333 and BA-0333 are the same serial number but the latter was never used by Guild. These are all problems with known solutions but the process is not so trivial that anyone who can do it right is going to do it for free.

There are also sellers who would not want this kind of service automatically. Even an honest seller stands to lose money if something they obtained on good faith turns out to be stolen. There is also the issue of ownership - if an insurance company pays a claim for a stolen instrument then it belongs to the insurance company and not the original owner, if it is recovered.

MyaByrne

Reaction score
I was just bumping this thread bc I found clearer pics of this guitar (which I’ll post shortly) and am hoping someone might have seen it. I still believe it to be somewhere on the East Coast and more likely still in Queens. 9 years is a long time and I’ve had plenty of time to mourn but I still miss my baby.

jedzep

Reaction score
Sorry to hear, but I know how you feel. My '63 has always lived among, and holds up hand in hand, with Martins and Gibsons.

Spread the word. Wishing you luck...

schoolie

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
That's terrible! Sorry to hear, Mya. I can tell you that you have harnessed an army of Guild freaks who scour every source of used Guilds. I will definitely keep an eye out.

MyaByrne

Reaction score
Here are a couple more pics, the first one showing the distinctive wear pattern. Gonna post more as I find them.
IMG_6423.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6424.jpeg
    IMG_6424.jpeg
    26.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

portsider

Reaction score
So sorry. Guitar thieves do more than steal, they break your heart.
Good luck with the search and I hope you stick around.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hey MyaByrne,

Just a note about the built year of your stolen Guild F-30. The guitar is from 1965. I realize that the serial number by itself is enough to identify the guitar, but what if somebody offers an F-30 from 1965 for sale without mentioning the serial number? The result would be that you would not look, because you'd think it's the wrong year!

Good luck!

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl