Taylor vrs Martin

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Great...that’s good to know. Does anyone know if I can get the “Martin sound” on a Taylor if I use Martin strings?

Lmao no that’s a Blueridge haha .

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yo Ray..... keep posting. I have my options. No hatred or anything intended, but these comparisons just get on my nerves. That's all. I'll shut theF up now, okay? Okay then. Charlie, I took a deep breath and ...... it's too effing humid here. Thunderstorms and humidity but of course to YOUSE east coast guys it's nothing.

Sorry ray, nothing personal. I just get tired of this vs. that, because they're ALL different...... :encouragement::encouragement:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Yo Ray..... keep posting. I have my options. No hatred or anything intended, but these comparisons just get on my nerves. That's all. I'll shut theF up now, okay? Okay then. Charlie, I took a deep breath and ...... it's too effing humid here. Thunderstorms and humidity but of course to YOUSE east coast guys it's nothing.

Sorry ray, nothing personal. I just get tired of this vs. that, because they're ALL different...... :encouragement::encouragement:

All good Tom . Don’t let it get to you and Inunderstand your point of view .

It’s interesting from the perspective that there will always be competition from the main stream brands and clips like this give perspective buyers a opertunity to hear differenances in brands of interest . These things will always be out there .

My interests are impart are the recording aspect .
Taylor’s tone is one of best for that purpose.

On my other forum Two track music we had a country style member he had the perfect voice for that wrote extremely well and played a Taylor 7 string , My gosh that guitar sounded great and he recorded with a Zoom H4n which I have . The end result was quite good . This had to be 8 yrs back now and he’s long gone from the forum .

Then from my last visit to Samash the Taylor 12 fret I played was another awesome sounding guitar and if I had 4,000 bucks I would have bought it .

So I’m not fully a hater of Taylor more so the over hype from the in store sales end . In a sense my rant and your comment could be tied together as one of the same . Yeah my mind works in weird ways . Lol
Hmmm a thought , I’ve never seen the kind of comparisons in the custom built end maybe there out there but maybe their above that and get along with respect . IDK 😐