I Miss Gary Larsen and "Far Side."

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
If I remember correctly (and it was a long time ago, so there's a good chance I do), there was one strip he didn't put in the papers. He thought the meaning was too hard to get or some such...sound familiar to any of you diehards?

Uncle Google tells me there is a lot of material for "unpublished Far Side cartoons".

Links to two are below but you have to follow them yourselves. I don't have a problem with them but if I posted one and someone objected, as a Moderator I would remove it.

https://imgur.com/gallery/IDimA

https://unorthodoxunhinged.com/2014/04/11/three-days-dead-the-gospel-according-to-gary/

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Saw this item in a banner ad on the forum home page and the first thing that popped into my head was:
"There's a Gary Larsen cartoon just dyin' to get out, there...."
:emmersed:

cat-suncatcher-main-header.jpg

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Here's something I posted in another thread recently, so close to a Far Side cartoon it could qualify for trademark infringement:

Funny-lost-dog-picture.jpg

Heck for all I know it was lifted from an actual FS cartoon....

steve488

Reaction score
Guild Total
Saw this item in a banner ad on the forum home page and the first thing that popped into my head was:
"There's a Gary Larsen cartoon just dyin' to get out, there...."
:emmersed:

cat-suncatcher-main-header.jpg

I could see Larson extending this into a "day care" center for any "appropriate species"......

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I could see Larson extending this into a "day care" center for any "appropriate species"......

I was thinking of a role reversal with the animals waiting to lure their owners in at just the right moment...or maybe something along the lines of an indoor cat who didn't want to be outside...