66 T100D with dual mini humbuckers?

poa77

Reaction score
here's another quick pickup question for you all (hans?).

it's not mine, though i wish it was but a friend just bought a 1966 (EE1xxx) T100D and it has twin guild mini humbuckers on it, exactly the same as the ones on my 1964 CE100D. was this an option you could choose at the factory as i can't find another from the same year that has these on it, all seem to have the thin, white topped single coils at this time?

again it is a fantastic guitar but just curious as to the origin of the pickups. he also is in need of a few bits and pieces for various guilds he owns, knobs mainly but also a metal toggle switch tip. if anyone has some spares let me know. they're for his 70s S-100 guitar and jetstar II bass so that kind of period. i'm going to add post to the WTB forum as well but thought it worth mentioning here.

cheers in advance for any info .

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
here's another quick pickup question for you all (hans?).

it's not mine, though i wish it was but a friend just bought a 1966 (EE1xxx) T100D and it has twin guild mini humbuckers on it, exactly the same as the ones on my 1964 CE100D. was this an option you could choose at the factory as i can't find another from the same year that has these on it, all seem to have the thin, white topped single coils at this time?

Hello poa77,

Remember seeing a sunburst T-100D not too long ago that was set up with two small Guild humbuckers. I didn't have a chance to inspect the guitar for originality, but I had a feeling the small humbuckers were added at a later date. Made a note of it in my database and the serial number was # EE-123x. Is that the same guitar?

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

poa77

Reaction score
hi hans,

thanks for that but no, not the same guitar. it's a sunburst but his is EE 13xx so maybe a second one sighted? is there a way to tell if the pickups have been added later? i'm guessing there'll be some telltale signs if the pickups are removed like fresh sawn/drilled/filed wood without any paint over it or even odd holes where the originals were mounted? i'll tell him to have look and take some pics if it helps?

cheers,
stu poa77

Hello poa77,

Remember seeing a sunburst T-100D not too long ago that was set up with two small Guild humbuckers. I didn't have a chance to inspect the guitar for originality, but I had a feeling the small humbuckers were added at a later date. Made a note of it in my database and the serial number was # EE-123x. Is that the same guitar?

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl