Acoustic amp but Jazzbox also?

swiveltung

Reaction score
I have a little Fishman Loudbox mini that I love for acoustic. But I now use an jazz box also in the duo. The Fishman is terrible for that. Takes a total re mix, maxing the treble control and still boxy & warm for the archtop.
Wondering what might be out there that would be good for both?

- small and lightweight.
-Line out for PA link. XLR would be preferred
- the Loudbox has chorus and reverb built in but I dont care about that.
- (nice to have but not a must have) a separate mic channel would be nice as a backup to the single PA tower we use for vocals.

Or, how could one best send a regular guitar Humbucker or P90 signal to the PA and have control and tone? I guess I could try a preamp eq like a Fishman or LL Baggs...

crank

Reaction score
I can't recommend any specific model or brand, but a lot of guys use amp modelers these days. The rhythm guitarist in my country band does not use an amp and uses his amp modeler on his pedal board into the PA. Sounds really good.

I even saw a kid in a band playing through his iphone plugged into the PA but that sounded terrible. Not sure if it was the phones fault or the kid's.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah, I vote modeller. I use an Axe-FX and I've used it for everything from jazz to acoustic to hair-metal. Since I play it through a QSC K12, I can also just bypass all simulations and make whatever goes in louder since the K12 is basically a PA speaker. The K12 also has mic input so it's a killer setup for me. Not cheap, though.