Non-Guild..... newfound respect for non damage.....

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
After my recent trauma I decided to go through the guitar cabinet and care for all the guitars. This is the cheapest guitar I have. They were very popular back in the late 80's and early 90's. It's a Washburn EA-20 "Festival Series". It's plusses (I guess) is it's a super thin body and at that time super okay electronics (for the day). It's amazing to take this out and realize I've been playing this for 23 years and it's black and it hardly has a mark on it!! No LIE!! They show EVERYTHING!! But clean as a whistle!! I'll put new strings on it and play it for a bit. Not plugged in, it's not an acoustic demon. Plus the saddle is low. They send me one from the factory that had a neck as crooked as <insert your fave crooked thing in here!> so then they sent this one. Straight and true as can be!! What I didn't know back then is about saddles. This thing, although straight as can be (insert all your gay jokes in here) had such a low saddle.... I had no idea. Great thing is, the action is low and has been stable for 23 years!! So what do you do with a guitar like this??

Drag it out, polish the hell out of it, condition the fretboard and put new strings on it. I asked Don one time, "Of all my guitars, which one would you rather play as far a playability." He didn't even hesitate.... "The Washburn!!" It's worth nothing, so here it will stay.

Why didn't I pick that one up the other night when I had my "episode"? Oh well..... rear view mirror thing......

5TEluU.jpg

8FQobE.jpg

Anything you THINK you may see as a flaw in this thing is just a reflection!! How the HELL did I do that for 23 years??? Makes you wonder, you know? Okay, time to buff the fretboard and bridge and put new strings on!! Now if I could just make that table better....... it's been in the garage for years!!!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm gonna put it on Craigslist..... the case (one of the best) is worth more than the guitar. How sad is that? If some kid want's to play plugged in? Perfect......

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
OH HOLY!!! CA..... if it was that guitar..... I wouldn't even consider getting rid of it!!! So beautiful!! I love that guitar!! Arched back, right?? OH MY!! :encouragement:

CosmicArkie

Reaction score
OH HOLY!!! CA..... if it was that guitar..... I wouldn't even consider getting rid of it!!! So beautiful!! I love that guitar!! Arched back, right?? OH MY!! :encouragement:

Yup, semi-thin bodied with narrower neck. Still quite playable. You want it? I've got the little chocolate drop "Sick Puppy" getting closer to playability and don't need two.