It's like an oven out there

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Holy cow it's hot. 95 degrees F the past couple of days, with at least 2-3 more days of the same on tap. Coupled with high humidity, it's absolutely stifling out there, the heat index (feels like) yesterday was 105 degrees F. Really thankful for central A/C this week.

For all our friends in the Midwest and Eastern US, please stay hydrated and try to keep cool. If you don't have A/C, take a bath in cool water then sit in front of the fan.

matsickma

Reaction score
Northern home dwellers also have a basement to revert to. Cool in the summer, cozy in the winter and safe in a tornado! Not so much in a flood!!
M

Minnesota Flats

Reaction score
Really feel for you guys who have to deal with protecting your instruments from such extreme temperature/humidity swings. Such things tend to stay more consistent where I'm at.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I honestly don't know how y'all do it. It's gonna be 108 today here, 110 tomorrow and we've got a RH of a whopping 14%!!! How it got that high I don't know. Must be the clouds that rolled in. It's been running between 6 to 8%! The humidifiers have been running constantly. The only time I plan to be outside is from house to car, car to restaurant, restaurant to car, then car to house. The end!! Stay cool my friends!!

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Yup, this is brutal. My dogs don't even want to go out. Gimme 10 degrees below zero and snow any day of the week.

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
63 and cloudy...heading for a high of 64. Supposed to change by mid-week, but still tolerable.
Don't know how you guys do it. Even though I did it when I lived in Texas, I couldn't go back.
:watermelon:

Be cool,
Joe

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Yep, it's pretty sticky on the eastern side of the state too. I'm a warm weather guy so I love it (20 min. at a time) but it does mean the AC is crankin' almost non-stop. We had some power issues in my neighborhood a month ago, and I'm very glad they've been cleaned up! I'm able to keep the humidity in the ~42–58% range, depending on the season, so my geetars stay happy.

-Dave-

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm with you, Richard, let it snow! I heard you were about the hottest part of the state yesterday, 99 F.

Tom, our RH in Michigan today is about 55%.

Last edited:

learnintoplay62

Reaction score
Yes it is hot and humid in south jersey. I’ve been repairing people’s ac for 3 weeks non stop and some days the humidity is in the hi 70%. I was in an attic yesterday and it was 142* didn’t stay long though thank god. The funny thing is that my own ac is down and we are using window units��
needless to say, my guitars are well hydrated

bobouz

Reaction score
Currently 61 on the north Oregon coast, with a forecasted high of 66 this afternoon & sunny.

Anything above 75 & I start to wilt, so this is truly the right place to hang my hat!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Tuesday it hit 97 degrees down here in Houston with 85% humidity for a "Real Feel" of 109 degrees. Rained most of yesterday so it stayed in the 80's but today it is supposed to get back up to 95 again with a real feel of probably 108 or so. Thank God for Central AC and if that doesn't get the job done I have 2 portable AC's just waiting to jump into action and supplement if necessary. It has been 94+ degrees down here for the last 2 weeks and it is only going to get hotter this summer.

TX

Mark WW

Reaction score
You guys would have a hard time surviving Floriduh. It just stays hot much of the daytime. But that is good. Sunshine versus Snowstorm...I will take the Sunshine!

CA-35

Reaction score
Welcome to our world boys and girls......it's 90 degrees and 85% humidity almost year round here in South Florida. Our winter is 2 days below 70 in March if we are lucky.

I will sweat over freezing any day of the year. We can always get cool in the A/C but once your chilled good luck getting warm.

steve488

Reaction score
Guild Total
107 on the way to 114 for today .... but the RH is only 11%

By the way just what is this winter you speak of? ........ And we could use some of that rain stuff as well :)

Last edited:

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
You guys from Florida crack me up! I'm from the other peninsula state. In Michigan's UP (Upper Peninsula) they define summer as "two weeks of bad snowmobiling."

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Holy cow it's hot. 95 degrees F the past couple of days, with at least 2-3 more days of the same on tap. Coupled with high humidity, it's absolutely stifling out there, the heat index (feels like) yesterday was 105 degrees F. Really thankful for central A/C this week.

For all our friends in the Midwest and Eastern US, please stay hydrated and try to keep cool. If you don't have A/C, take a bath in cool water then sit in front of the fan.

totally, 109 yesterday and today is 106. but the wind is crazy. it's like a blast furnace.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm in the same weather as Tom. I think it hit 107 today with a 10% RH. No wind though. So, god is pointing his hair dryer somewhere else, for once.