New Buddy Guy Album.

Prince of Darkness

Reaction score
Guild Total
Just got the new Buddy Guy album, "the BLUES is ALIVE and WELL". Nice cover photo of Buddy with a polka dot Telecaster, though, according to the track listing, it is not used on this album. What I do find interesting though, is that he plays a "Guild Starfire 4S" on 4 of the tracks! I have always felt that he got his best sound with Starfires, and he was playing one the first time I saw him play with Junior Wells. Really great to hear him playing one again:star:

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up about a new Buddy Guy album. I am a fan of his singing and playing! I was introduced to his music thru the "Buddy Guy & Junior Wells Play the Blues" album, with great songs like "A Man of Many Words", "T-Bone Shuffle" and "Messin' with the Kid". I would have to say that my favorite Buddy Guy guitar tones are from when he was playing a Strat thru a "tweed" Fender Bassman, like on the Junior Wells album "Hoodoo Man Blues" (Delmark). Very "slinky" rhythm playing and "stinging", soulful lead guitar!

Cabarone

Reaction score
I got to see him over 30 yrs. ago @ the old Canal Street Tavern here ion Dayton...I didn't think he was going to let us go home; the only reason he stopped was so Mick Montgomery (the late owner of the club) wouldn't lose his license. It was after #AM before we got outta there and I ain't complaining about being there so long. He also played a character called ' The King Of Swing" on a kids' show, "Jack's Big Music Show..even played the closing credits...I gave my late wife tickets to see him and B.B. King and when they got home my Mother-In-Law said, "B.B. shoulda stayed home; Buddy got up there and just showed hisself"...

matsickma

Reaction score
Buddy on tour with Johnny Lang. Playing PennsPeak on Friday July 20. Unfortunately I will be at the "Peach Fest" for three of the four days of and looking forward to Gov't Mule and others at this annual festival up near Scranton.
M

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Love buddy guy ! :)

dougdnh

Reaction score
Buddy is one of the last of the 'real deal' bluesmen. Saw him several times in concert. Love when he does the traditional stuff - one performance i saw him at he was more into the Hendrix thing - fun but not what i was hoping for. I've seen some clips of him with a starfire, and also a nightingale.