Questions about a D-40 CE

beecee

Reaction score
I was just minding my business, had a few new neighbors over Saturday night when one notices my F4CE hanging out on a stand soaking up some of the humidity that has settled over us the past few days.

"Guild huh?? I know a guy who has one who wants to get rid of it"

He was nice enough to follow up with me last night and said it is a D-40 CE. (Not sure if Westerly, Corona, NH). Now based on the pecking order of my sig, I think you all know how I feel about my D-40.

Assuming all is good what is the general take on these? I'd be tickled pink if it was a NH model.

I ask because I bought an F-47 CE from GC for a few days and the prevailing feeling was that it is not a coveted instrument like the F-47. I didn't really care for it so back it went.

And, if I may ask, if I liked it what would be a fair offer? I've seen them on Reverb/Gbase for over $1k, not sure I want to spend that kind of money on another 'dred. Really looking for a small bodied hog.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I just sold a NH D 40 CE from New Hartford. I bought and sold it for about $900. It was a nice Guild but I needed cash and am just not much of a cutaway fan.

beecee

Reaction score
Thanks, gives me good guidance.

Not really looking for a cutaway either but hey if he offers it up at the right price perhaps I can enable someone here.

wileypickett

Reaction score
I can take cutaways or leave them alone, but the one Westerly D40C I played was a great sounding instrument. Not familiar with the later versions.

PittPastor

Reaction score
I have a D40C . Absolutely love it. Personally, I hate playing anything that isn't a cutaway. I don't need to get up above the 12th fret a lot, but there are times that I do, and then the cutaway is just so much easier. It even makes playing with a capo up high (like 7th fret) better, IMHO.

Can't help you with pricing.

Mine's beatup and needing some work. But its still priceless :)