Why would you need another guitar?

Harpymorgan

Reaction score
Take a listen to my mate putting my M80 through it's paces last week. We had a party at home for my wife's 60th, and 3 of us borrowed the bands back line and drummer and did this Neil Young song. This guy had never picked this guitar up before. Everyone was blown away by it's sound (and his playing). That's me skulking around the back with my G and L by the way. If you get bored watching, slip to 6 minutes in.

https://youtu.be/Sy2WMnO9KEs

Zelja

Reaction score
Nice job indeed. Sounds pretty damn good for (I presume) a single mic recording. What amp was the M80 going through?

matsickma

Reaction score
I sure hope that that guitar model gets reissued. For my money it was the best solid body Guild issued yet never took to being a big seller. I have owned three over the years and all were excellent. I kept the walnut colored one. Interestingly all had Dimarzio. It was the 70's and the SD's were popular.
M

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Mine once upon a time.
A brown beauty - was she ever :love-struck:
RPjuai.jpg

matsickma

Reaction score
Hey Bonneville,
My keeper M80 is identical to yours. Not sure if the Dimarzio pups on mine are stock or replacements. Did Guild ever have a TRC with M80-D lettering?
One of these days a set of HB1's will be installed.
M

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Cool! I believe everything on mine was original except the TRC, the little bitty toggle (phase switch?)
and the case. Did a such serious chunk of hog ever look better? And it was a chunk. I'd have kept mine but
the plans to get back into playing electric just didn't pan... and that M80 was Made to be Played, hopefully
by someone with chops like Harpy's friend in the vid!
:proud:
Photos

Last edited:

DThomasC

Reaction score
I think Neil himself would approve of that cover. Lead guitar is impressive, but really the whole band held together very well.

Next time, the three of you should get into a tight huddle and stare at the floor while you kinda bounce up and down together like crazy horses.