Mountains of Illinois

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I’ve known Roland Kalus for a while now , Via the web that is lol . I think I met him on AGF.
He’s the one that sparked my interest in Rosawood guitars .

Anyway he’s playing Mountians of Illinois on the one model I like . This is my favorite arrangement of the song and Roland’s playing it darn good to and you can tell he likes playing lol

I told him how much I like the song and I want to learn it so after trying then forgetting and now trying again today that is lol I’m getting frustrated not because it’s overly hard it’s just that I don’t play in strandard lol because I am stranded haha ... so going through the chord changes is a little challenging . I would Like to get back into the standard tune to learn some different songs in finger style hoping it will open the door for my own arrangements all I need is time , yup time .

I seen in the FS/FT thread that Richard sold his F47 so every time I read something or see a post I say Ooo I have one of those ! So I go get it and start giving it some play time . I have a love hate relationship with my GSR F47 and I don’t know why or should I say I don’t fully know why .

But I decided to learn Mountains of Illinois on the GSR F47 so now she’ll get more play time .

And Al I know our previous discussion about it lol , right now I best stick to a neutral position on my take lol

Ok so here’s Roland playing the song enjoy . ��

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Do it Rayk-sounding good!

Lol I’ll try , I for sone reason love this song and this arrangement . Somehow I think I posted it before but my mind has always been at a loss with remembering random posts or events . 😞