"And now it's on to Chicago, and let's win there"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CA-35

Reaction score
50 years ago today those were the words from Robert F. Kennedy's last public appearance at 12:15AM, before being led through the kitchen towards a back entrance at the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles, June 5th 1968. He would be shot 3 times by Sirhan Sirhan and lost his fight for life 25 hours later at 1:44 AM on June the 6th. Five other people in the crowd would also be shot, none fatally. Rest in Peace Bobby.............

robert-f-kennedy---the-assassination-of-rfk.jpg

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I was just a kid in 68, but man, tumultuous times.

Antney

Reaction score
This thread won't be going much further!

"Politics-free is the way we be."

Do you know anything about the Kennedys?

There isn’t anything political about my comments. I was referring to the moral fiber and character of Joe Sr., John, Bobby, and Ted. Although I like and agreed with many of their political manifestos there was little “good” to be found with them as men. I was saddened when John and Bobby were assasinated, they certainly weren’t deserving of their fate.

Last edited:

dbirchett

Reaction score
There isn’t anything political about my comments. I was referring to the moral fiber and character of Joe Sr., John, Bobby, and Ted. Although I like and agreed with many of their political manifestos there was little “good” to be found with them as men. I was saddened when John and Bobby were assasinated, they certainly weren’t deserving of their fate.

While there may or may not be truth to what you say, I try to keep this quote in mind when commenting on a person regardless of who they are: "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it ill behooves any of us to find fault with the rest of us."

This is attributed to a lot of people but the most common one is Edward Wallis Hoch, Governor of Kansas and Editor of the Marion Record.

Status
Not open for further replies.