Guild guitars at Elderly today-

idealassets

Reaction score
I just came back from a trip to Elderly Instruments today, mainly to check out the new Cordoba models that recently arrived.

1. An F512 was sold. Was I too late to the party? I divulged to the salesman that I was in the area on business, and was coming to Elderly anyway- no matter what. (plenty of other guitars to view you know.)

2. I discussed the Tacoma made F50 in another post here: http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?196455-2008-F-50-At-Elderly-Music I did have a salesman that assisted me with his impression of this guitar, as discussed in the other thread.

3. Apparently the salesmen had not seen any "real" Guild guitars in a while since they thought I drove all that way to look at the "other Guild's" which at one time were produced in Korea, but then we finally managed to negotiate our way away from the "other Guild" rack. After some discussion with me describing to him F55r features such as triangle abilonie and pearl fret markers, and a big "G" on the headstock, eventually:

4. From the stock room I was presented with a new, perhaps never before sound demo'd Cordoba J55r. It was a pretty guitar, and still had some slippery baby powder(?) on the back and sides. It seemed a bit lighter in weight than the 2 Tacoma made F50r's that I had owned previously. The spruce top was a brighter "white" than any Guild that I currently own since new. My earlier model Guild guitars all came with more of an amber appearance, although not as dark as some of the Martin retro models cuch as the Eric Clapton signature model for example. A 2nd salesman stepped in and played the new F55r for me and it did sound nice. I liked it, but at a price.

4a. The new Guild F55r is now out of the stock room, and hanging in the rack of the main showroom.

5. There was a Guild D100 in the rack that when I played it, had that trademark Guild sound to it, which to me is a sweet and resonant folkie tone. Sticker priced at $2000 it looked nice in appearance to me (Bling!), although there was a center crack running from the bridge to the butt end, which had perhaps been cleated, and the entire top looked to be refinished. Did I mention though that it DID sound very nice as such?

Enjoy,

Craig

Last edited:

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Damn. I saw a D-100 there once, grabbed it from the rack, it was a LEFTY!

idealassets

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone here on LTG recently bought the Cordoba Guild F512 from Elderly. It did not last long on their sales floor.