Ngd - dv76

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
For a while, I have wondered what distinguished the DV-76 from the coral DV-72 CLs that we have seen (I think there have been two that have showed up on facebook and/or Reverb)...

...and I just noticed that your DV-76 has coral purfling around the soundboard! (I hadn't noticed that in the images of the DV-76 that had appeared on the web previously)

I don't think the DV-72 CLs had the coral purfling... but the only pics I see on the web now don't show the edge of the soundboard (just the headstock, rosette, and bridge, which appear the same as the DV-76).

Makes me wonder of the elusive "one of" DV-82 is the DV-76 in turquoise (which would probably be stunning!)?
Ah, that makes sense, Dave!! I knew it looked "different" and not until your comment did I realize, "no herringbone"! That's a stunning guitar awagner!! Thanks for sharing all those beautiful photos. I've heard the 76 designation but can't remember if I've ever actually seen one!! BEAUTIFUL!! Congrats!!:encouragement:

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
Amazingly beautiful Guild goodness! Congratulations and thank you for sharing, awagner! :glee:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure if I said it already, Richard, but gosh, that's gorgeous. Congrats. Love the figuring and the bindings. The pink coral inserts are very uncommon, I think, as is that pink rosette. "Wicked cool" as we say in Boston.

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Not sure if I said it already, Richard, but gosh, that's gorgeous. Congrats. Love the figuring and the bindings. The pink coral inserts are very uncommon, I think, as is that pink rosette. "Wicked cool" as we say in Boston.

Thanks Charlie,

Andrew (not Richard)

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
What strings and any feelings on how it sounds? I see plenty on how it looks but audio, please. If you haven't played it, you got more discipline than most!

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
What strings and any feelings on how it sounds? I see plenty on how it looks but audio, please. If you haven't played it, you got more discipline than most!

I took it in for a setup, so it will be a week or two before I get a chance to properly evaluate it.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I took it in for a setup, so it will be a week or two before I get a chance to properly evaluate it.
My patience got an extension. And bet your luthier will "keep it one more day just to be sure."

Br1ck

Reaction score
Dear awagner,

Could you please rearrange your signature into two or three columns? My monitor will only allow two or three other replies per page and I'm tired of turning them all the time. Thank you for your consideration. Can you tell me what kind of strings you use on your twelve strings? I'd like to invest in the company.

Br1ck

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Dear awagner,

Could you please rearrange your signature into two or three columns? My monitor will only allow two or three other replies per page and I'm tired of turning them all the time. Thank you for your consideration. Can you tell me what kind of strings you use on your twelve strings? I'd like to invest in the company.

Br1ck
You cannot hide prosperity!

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Got the guitar back, and I have to say it is among of the best sounding 6 strings I have ever played. D'Addario EXP 12s (mediums). Loud, crisp and clear.

As an aside, I realized after I got the guitar that it came in a Guild Jumbo-sized case, not a dreadnought. Not sure why or how this happened (the store assumes that it is the case the prior owner had). Minor annoyance (I have plenty of cases that it will fit in). Otherwise, I am one happy camper.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
My sincere congratulations. I hope to just touch one before I play my final chord. Think I will just go play my DV76-24 and be happy. Bet your luthier was singing praises.