Ngd - dv76

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Just received today. Strings are dead, but it appears to be in original, excellent condition.

uTIMXdE.jpg

jzsOCAp.jpg

hvf9djm.jpg

ungrMXk.jpg

More to follow.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Makes my heart quiver. Stunning and give us an update on strings-my DV52 loves D'Addario EJ 14s the medium light hybrid.

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Makes my heart quiver. Stunning and give us an update on strings-my DV52 loves D'Addario EJ 14s the medium light hybrid.

I have been loving Cleartones lately on my 12-ers. I may try a 6-string set of mediums on this one.

Last edited:

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
I really like the pink coral "V" inlays on the fretboard and the triangles on the bridge. And as "ltp62" points out, they did a nice job with the purfling and rosette inlays. But most importantly, I'll bet it sounds big, bold and beautiful!

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Holy moley! Pink-ness all the way around! Major congrats!

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Very nice guitar. And you know, one of the things that rarely gets mentioned about the DV's that really appeals to be is the beige binding. Very classy looking to me. And that is indeed what is called pink coral. Gosh they play so well and sound so damned good.

West

wileypickett

Reaction score
This DV70 series (turquoise / coral / malachite) are among the loveliest Guild (or anyone) ever produced, IMO. I have the DV72 (and JV72) -- never seen the others, save here on LTG.

Congrats! Love it!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Wow that one hot guitar ! Love the back grain ;)

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
For a while, I have wondered what distinguished the DV-76 from the coral DV-72 CLs that we have seen (I think there have been two that have showed up on facebook and/or Reverb)...

...and I just noticed that your DV-76 has coral purfling around the soundboard! (I hadn't noticed that in the images of the DV-76 that had appeared on the web previously)

I don't think the DV-72 CLs had the coral purfling... but the only pics I see on the web now don't show the edge of the soundboard (just the headstock, rosette, and bridge, which appear the same as the DV-76).

Makes me wonder of the elusive "one of" DV-82 is the DV-76 in turquoise (which would probably be stunning!)?

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I have wondered about the difference between the DV72-CL and the DV76 as well. As to the DV82, I think we will have to wait until Volume 2 arrives to find out anything about it.

Do we know who actually designed these beautiful guitars?