The Untold Story (of Gibson & Guild) by Ren

bobouz

Reaction score
A YouTube video was linked on the Gibson acoustic forum that includes a lot of interesting stuff. Sorry I don't know how to attach links, but go to YouTube & punch in:

The Untold Story of Gibson Acoustic

I'm guessing this was made towards the end of 2015. I haven't seen it before & it may just now be seeing the light of day. It's an interview with Ren where he discusses the reasons why he left Gibson, his transition to Guild NH, the closer of the NH facility, and the Oxnard transition, which was still in it's beginning phases. It's about thirty minutes long & well worth a look.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
A YouTube video was linked on the Gibson acoustic forum that includes a lot of interesting stuff. Sorry I don't know how to attach links, but go to YouTube & punch in:

The Untold Story of Gibson Acoustic

I'm guessing this was made towards the end of 2015. I haven't seen it before & it may just now be seeing the light of day. It's an interview with Ren where he discusses the reasons why he left Gibson, his transition to Guild NH, the closer of the NH facility, and the Oxnard transition, which was still in it's beginning phases. It's about thirty minutes long & well worth a look.

I suspect this is one or more of the three part series that has often been discussed here. However since I cannot find it in two minutes of searching, this is a FYI and not a smug suggestion that you should learn to use search :)

P.S.

After looking at it I think this might be a repackaging of the previously seen videos but the content has been much discussed.

bobouz

Reaction score
Fro - Yes, I recall seeing two parts of this interview when it first came out. My fuzzy recollection is that parts one & two were released, but part three was not, or it was quickly pulled by Music Villa (possibly too controversial, as they are a major Gibson dealer located in Bozeman).

I've never seen this portion of the interview with Ren, so I'm guessing it's part three. YouTube says it was posted yesterday, but perhaps I just missed it the first time around. At any rate, lots of interesting content.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Fro - Yes, I recall seeing two parts of this interview when it first came out. My fuzzy recollection is that parts one & two were released, but part three was not, or it was quickly pulled by Music Villa (possibly too controversial, as they are a major Gibson dealer located in Bozeman).

I've never seen this portion of the interview with Ren, so I'm guessing it's part three. YouTube says it was posted yesterday, but perhaps I just missed it the first time around. At any rate, lots of interesting content.

Part III was at one time hard to find but it is out there. The last time the missing Part III was discussed I think Ralf found and posted links to all three parts.