I bring you the Killdeer F-112-6 Part Deux!

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
. . . .It's an easy guitar to embrace.

Joe

Hey Joe

What tuners you have in yours - in that pic the knobs look bigger - which is good - a guitar with that large peghead could well do with oversized knobs. Like in those hippie-era drawn pictures...

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
We try to avoid that around here, somebody inevitably trots out a Hendrix joke.
Like me.
:glee:
What tuners you have in yours - in that pic the knobs look bigger - which is good - a guitar with that large peghead could well do with oversized knobs. Like in those hippie-era drawn pictures...
You must be thinkin' of this guy:
4d57e35b7ae6e01c2ce7cd050dc4fcbd.jpg

(PS: Saw those pin measurements, only makes sense now that I think about it, and thanks!)

bobouz

Reaction score
It's an easy guitar to embrace.

So true. Bought my first F-30 new in the '70s, and always regretted letting it go.

Therefore, was thrilled to happen upon a '73 F-30R a few years ago. The ultimate in sit-down-to-play comfort!

Reaction score
Nice work!
Regardless of who came up with F-112-6, I always thought of Gary’s as “The Guildeer”.
So now you have Guildeer #2! In my mind anyway!! LOL

Enjoy your new masterpiece in good health and make musical magic on it!

Last edited:

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
We try to avoid that around here, somebody inevitably trots out a Hendrix joke.
Like me.
:glee:

You must be thinkin' of this guy:
4d57e35b7ae6e01c2ce7cd050dc4fcbd.jpg

(PS: Saw those pin measurements, only makes sense now that I think about it, and thanks!)

More something like THIS - I put a bass knob on my DUSTY white Songbird - shame on me for not cleaning it first, but I keep them on stands all the time.

img_3076.jpg

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
nice work from both of you, and this may be a stupid question, but i have to ask why u simply would not leave the guitar stock, and simply remove the octave strings, and just play the 6 standard strings? then u have the option to play 12 any time later. that headstock looks cool though i will say that!

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Congrats on a cool conversion, bayoubengal. Like the others, the headstock does look a little odd to my eye, but very cool. You got the guitar you want! Hope you love it!

F312

Reaction score
nice work from both of you, and this may be a stupid question, but i have to ask why u simply would not leave the guitar stock, and simply remove the octave strings, and just play the 6 standard strings? then u have the option to play 12 any time later. that headstock looks cool though i will say that!

For a long time now, before I change strings on my 12's, I take 6 off for a week two and enjoy a different sound.

Ralph

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
For a long time now, before I change strings on my 12's, I take 6 off for a week two and enjoy a different sound.

Ralph

Right - and then change only 6 strings and enjoy few more weeks before adding octave strings.

bayoubengal1954

Reaction score

The spacing at the nut is funky if you do that. Maybe it wouldn't bother some, but it bothered me. That's why I needed a new nut made. Plus I owned a 12 String before and didn't enjoy it, so I knew I didn't need the option to switch back and forth. That's how I felt about it. YMMV :)

Last edited:

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
The spacing at the nut is funky if you do that. Maybe it wouldn't bother some, but it bothered me. That's why I needed a new nut made. Plus I owned a 12 String before and didn't enjoy it, so I knew I didn't need the option to switch back and forth. That's how I felt about it. YMMV :)
I added a new nut for the same reason. The strings just aren't where they're supposed to be if you leave the 12-string nut on. The new nut provides a critical balance across the fingerboard, and it also balances the spacing on the way to the bridge.

It's not for everybody...only the adventurous need apply. :applouse:

Joe