These old Guilds

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, they're fairly old...but then so are we, LOL. My buddy and I bought these brand new in 1976, we jammed on them today again, 42 years later. His Is a D-35 Tobacco Sunburst, Mine a D-25M, his is a flat 'hog back, mine is arched laminated 'hog, and both have solid spruce tops. It was pretty much John Prine city around here this afternoon.:shame:

reekDrO.jpg

o7RMXXm.jpg

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Wish I could have been hidden somewhere in hearing distance. I know I would have been grinning.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I was grinning too - Scott sang "Let's Talk Dirty In Hawaiian."

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Would have liked to have been a fly on the wall for that jam session. They are Both Beautiful!:applouse:

TX

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
We were both 21 when we bought them, the guitars are now 2X 21 and we are 3X 21!

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Great photo, great back-story of two beautiful, well-loved and well-played old Guilds!

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Great photo, great back-story of two beautiful, well-loved and well-played old Guilds!

And now we are expecting a Great photo, great back-story of two beautiful, well-loved and well-played old fellows!

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Sorry, no photos of us but we go way back to grade school together, best friends in high school, groomsmen in each other's weddings, worked together for 20 years at the same place, it's been awhile so it was delightful to just visit and jam for the afternoon.

Grassdog

Reaction score
Beautiful photo. Looks like you guys are finally getting some nice weather in GR. You've earned it this year that's for sure.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
You got that right 'dog - we went straight from winter into summer. 95 F today! A few weeks ago we still had snow falling..

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
You know, Pastor, that shiny arched back caught my eye when I bought the guitar too!

binod30

Reaction score
Wow! I bet that was a blast. I love John Prine, and I think that he sounds great on my Guild D40 and D30. So, I can imagine the harmony and good time jams that you guys had!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks for this post dread. What beautiful guitars in a super nice setting!! I'd say I'd like to be a "fly on the wall" but..... damn!! No WALLS!! That you've both had them that long is so awesome. I bought my D65S in 94, it was my first guitar. Don had me playing a bit but it's still with me. I doubt I'll get that many years because well.... I'd be a million years old!!! :encouragement: