Opinions on Lightweight Polyfoam Case?

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hello

The neck support inside Guild foam case has velcro - so it comes off and can be used i.e. on table, when servicing guitar.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hello

The neck support inside Guild foam case has velcro - so it comes off and can be used i.e. on table, when servicing guitar.

Interesting. In New Hartford they used gun rests as neck support in the final assembly and repair area. Might even be pictures from one of the factory tours.

227124.jpg

Big-Al

Reaction score
The polyfoam case seems pretty good and I do like the light weight, but it just doesn't seem the same as a "real" case so I ordered one of these:

Silver Creek Vintage Case

It should be delivered tomorrow. The internal dimensions listed on the website seem to be a good fit for my guitar. It sure looks okay in the ad and it got some decent reviews. I'll let you know if it was worth the trouble.

Last edited:

Big-Al

Reaction score
The case arrived. It's a nice enough case but it has one badly misaligned clasp that won't latch without forcing it inward. Back it goes to MF.

Last edited:

Big-Al

Reaction score
Update: The misaligned latch seemed not to be installed incorrectly after all. It seems to just have been improperly latched at the factory, causing that part of the lid to take a set and stay sprung outward. After the case was open for a while, it seemed to slowly start springing back. I helped it out by applying a clamp overnight to spring it inward. Now the latch (drawbolt actually) lines up just fine again. I'm keeping the case. It's actually a pretty good budget imitation of a vintage Geib case