Incoming Giant tree

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
GC has been getting used Guild listings today hand over fist. After starting the day with 4 new listings, they jumped to 13 new listings by midday (including 2 Guild/Hartke 4x10 bass cabs), and added 2 more this evening, one of which was the Sequoia acoustic amp. I jumped on it since it does have a mic input which my G-500 doesn’t, as well as 20 more watts and wood cab, rather than the rare tolexed cab of my G-500.
I’ll post a NAD report when it gets in, and will most likely be selling my G-500. Here’s GC’s pic:
a8b6b585-4282-4bc4-a4b1-63397d359eec.jpeg

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
It's got all of its knobs. That's a plus!

I'm amazed that GC posted a high-res pic.

I'm not jealous, but I do hate you now. :emmersed:

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
It's got all of its knobs. That's a plus!

I'm amazed that GC posted a high-res pic.

I'm not jealous, but I do hate you now. :emmersed:
Bwa-ha-ha!

Notice, they even set all the knobs to the same position before they took the pic. It’s like they were trying to market it for sale almost.

Mr. Lumbergh

Reaction score
GC has been getting used Guild listings today hand over fist. After starting the day with 4 new listings, they jumped to 13 new listings by midday (including 2 Guild/Hartke 4x10 bass cabs), and added 2 more this evening, one of which was the Sequoia acoustic amp. I jumped on it since it does have a mic input which my G-500 doesn’t, as well as 20 more watts and wood cab, rather than the rare tolexed cab of my G-500.
I’ll post a NAD report when it gets in, and will most likely be selling my G-500. Here’s GC’s pic:
a8b6b585-4282-4bc4-a4b1-63397d359eec.jpeg
Cool man; I was checking a Guild G-500 out on Reverb, and the only reason I didn't break out the credit card was the lack of mic input. This looks like a sweet amp.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Congrats Acorn, I love my Sequoia! This is only the third one I have ever seen pop up. There was one that was mentioned online a few years ago, The one I purchased a few years back, and this one that you are now the owner of. The built in effects of these amps are adequate but the plus is like you mentioned having the mic input with Phantom power. It is perfect for Guitar and Vocals for an Acoustic show if it is just one mic and one guitar. Look forward to hearing what you think of it and hope it arrives safely!

TX

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yes it did arrive. (Oak is heavy.) just a quick pic for meow to show its size. The casters are VERY welcome.
it does work; typical old school acoustic amp, not the purest acoustic sound, but serviceable. I was using my own build with a passive K&K pup; I will try it with an active pup when I bring one of the Guild A/Es back from the office. Still need to experiment with all the EQ settings.
One thing that’s odd, is that the marker for the knobs is at the bottom, which led to a very loud and sustained feedback when I turned it on for the first time.
The effects are interesting, and will make for a nice occasional use.

1be3d0fe-8c07-4a1c-901f-a6d92a26265d.jpeg