Rainbow Guilds

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
In honor of the "Boring Finishes" thread, I put these pics together. They're all original and are or were owned by me except for the X79 which I modified from blue one I have. I've seen a purple one, but the shade isn't quite right because I couldn't find the pic. If and when I do I'll update it to be more representative of the actual purple used.

RainbowGuilds-1600.jpg

Edited to add an update:

RainbowGuilds2-1600.jpg

Here's the X79 in Purple for reference:

Guild-X79-Purple-2.jpg

Last edited:

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah baby!!!! Incredible photo - righteously rockin' the Guild rainbow!

Last edited:

cupric

Reaction score
Guild Total
Very cool! The guild of color....

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Any other purple Guilds? I've seen some purple bursts from the '80s that were pretty awful. :emmersed:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Realize that none of these are flattop acoustics. In that category, Guild these days are rather bland and their wood choices are traditional. No reason for that except that they're new. If you're asking about historic Guilds, I think GAD just proved you wrong. However, at this point in time and for a while, I'd expect, you'll have to branch out to other brands for fun finishes for flattop acoustics. I got a super nice Blue Breedlove that I'm crazy about. And a really beautiful myrtlewood one as well. Different sizes and colors and sounds. There's plenty of fun guitars out there to buy. Guild is just getting off the ground again. But I'd love to see an auditorium flattop acoustic in a really beautiful BLUE with some super nice inlays. Yup. But that's probably a ways off. :smiley_simmons:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Realize that none of these are flattop acoustics. In that category, Guild these days are rather bland and their wood choices are traditional. No reason for that except that they're new. If you're asking about historic Guilds, I think GAD just proved you wrong. However, at this point in time and for a while, I'd expect, you'll have to branch out to other brands for fun finishes for flattop acoustics. I got a super nice Blue Breedlove that I'm crazy about. And a really beautiful myrtlewood one as well. Different sizes and colors and sounds. There's plenty of fun guitars out there to buy. Guild is just getting off the ground again. But I'd love to see an auditorium flattop acoustic in a really beautiful BLUE with some super nice inlays. Yup. But that's probably a ways off. :smiley_simmons:

Seems to me there was a time in the 90's when there were D-25s available in interesting and not traditional colors. perhaps assembling those pictures is someone's next project? :)

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I’ve actually found enough pics for a rainbow of D25s but since none of them were mine the photos don’t match.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Seems to me there was a time in the 90's when there were D-25s available in interesting and not traditional colors. perhaps assembling those pictures is someone's next project? :)
We had a thread reviewing all of the colors we could find pics of once, not just the '90's but mid-to-late '80's and up through Corona; but a lot of 'em succumbed to the great Photobucket debacle or just plain dead links.
Might try it again myself, though.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I’ve actually found enough pics for a rainbow of D25s but since none of them were mine the photos don’t match.

Ah, missed this before I posted that last one, but I think some of those colors were also electric colors.
Especially once Fender took over.
Like Nuuska's second Songbird, looks like Fender's "Torino Red", and the "Walnut" D30 in a concurrent thread, I'm betting it's actually an "electric" color from '90's until I find out otherwise.