Harry Fox licensing

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I know there's a lot of knowledge on this list, so here's a licensing question. Does Harry Fox license Canadian publishers works when recorded in the US?
Brad

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I love questions like this, Brad!! They're fun and intriguing but may we ask why you ask? That sounded awful.

I'll try again. May we enquire why you wonder?

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I love questions like this, Brad!! They're fun and intriguing but may we ask why you ask? That sounded awful.

I'll try again. May we enquire why you wonder?
I'm thinking about making a recording that includes a Murray McLauchlan tune, not sure if it has a US publisher.

Last edited:

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Interesting flashback. I recorded a CD to sell as a fund raiser for our local animal Shelter. Nearly all my own material but I did also include "Eve of Destruction" written by P.F. Sloan. I had no idea how to go about getting permission so I googled him and found an email address. I assumed it was old and no longer active but lo and behold he actually responded. Seemed very down to earth and tried to be helpful. In the end he said he had no clue how I'd going about getting permission but suggested I call his Manager. Instead I did go to Harry Fox and paid the fee required on 1000 CD's. Can't remember the amount but it was really inexpensive if I remember right.