Texas to Tennessee the D46 has beeb delivered

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
CosmicArkie (Jim) took the D46 on a ten hour ride across Eastern Texas, through Arkansas, and half way across Tennessee. He hand delivered it to me in Dickson. Thank you Jim for:
1. Checking guitar out
2. Cleaning it
3. Making a new custom bone
saddle for it and stringing it.
4. Cleaning a wornout case
5. Putting it in my hands at 3:45.
cst.
It is everything I hoped for. It looks, plays, and sounds fantastic. The other acoustics will get less playing time for a while. Will look at another case tomorrow.
Date on head block is August 1981 - so late 1981 or early 1982 when it was sold is my guess.
Pictures below.

https://imgur.com/a/96Nw9Pt

Last edited:

markus

Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats! This guitar looks mighty fine!
And I like stories like that. When I have my guitars in my hands I often think of nice people involved and it makes me smile …

Markus :smile:

bobouz

Reaction score
Really like the ash body & neck - Congrats!

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
CosmicArkie (Jim) took the D46 on a ten hour ride across Eastern Texas, through Arkansas, and half way across Tennessee. He hand delivered it to me in Dickson. Thank you Jim for:
1. Checking guitar out
2. Cleaning it
3. Making a new custom bone
saddle for it and stringing it.
4. Cleaning a wornout case
5. Putting it in my hands at 3:45.
cst.
It is everything I hoped for. It looks, plays, and sounds fantastic. The other acoustics will get less playing time for a while. Will look at another case tomorrow.
Date on head block is August 1981 - so late 1981 or early 1982 when it was sold is my guess.

Sounds like you like accuracy, so you might want to have this info:

Even though your guitar has an August 1981 stamp on the neck block, it was completed towards the end of 1983, when the serial number was stamped into the back of the headstock, so the guitar may not have been sold earlier than 1984.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Very nice ! And Cosmic rules !
I’d love to hear this guitar always been curious.
Congrats . 🙂

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Rayk:
Should you ever get to TN would love for you to play it. I really like the sound and CosmicArkie has it set up to my liking. I will put on the TRC -Hans sent - and have nothing left to do but enjoy it.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Sounds like you like accuracy, so you might want to have this info:

Even though your guitar has an August 1981 stamp on the neck block, it was completed towards the end of 1983, when the serial number was stamped into the back of the headstock, so the guitar may not have been sold earlier than 1984.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl
Hans:
I do like accuracy and "thank you" for adding that "little nugget" to the history of this particular Guild D46. It makes me wonder why the two year gap in neck block and headstock stampings. This D46 is very easy to like.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Rayk:
Should you ever get to TN would love for you to play it. I really like the sound and CosmicArkie has it set up to my liking. I will put on the TRC -Hans sent - and have nothing left to do but enjoy it.
Were in TN our ya ?

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Rayk:
About 35 miles west of Nashville--Dickson

7 hr ride , long way to go for a strum lol
But one never knows I camp up in Asheville that cuts 2.5 off the drive and then a possible trip to Dolly world that would put me 2hrs away lol
Nothing carved in stone though . 🙂

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That is a good looking Guild Stu, I am glad you are Happy with it and hope you get to enjoy it for a long time! Kudos to CosmicArkie for toting the mail on this one too. That is one of the things I love about this LTG community. People helping out other people just for the sake of doing it.

TX

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
CosmicArkie (Jim) took the D46 on a ten hour ride across Eastern Texas, through Arkansas, and half way across Tennessee....

Wow. Sounds like a tip might be in order. :applouse:

It is everything I hoped for. It looks, plays, and sounds fantastic.

Hmm, that's funny. My Guilds are like that. :victorious: Major congrats and HNGD, Stu!