Real or Fake 1964 T100

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,
First post! I have a question and figured why not come to the experts. I am looking at purchasing the pictures guitar. It is advertised as a 1964 Guild t100 and the seller wants $300. Only picture avalible until later today. My problem is that I DONOT know Guilds. From my internet research it appears different from other T100s. The the main standout for me is the pickup selector switch location and the tail piece.

What are the groups thoughts on this guitar?
I should have more pictures later today

Reaction score
Real or fake 1964 T100

Hi all,

I need some expert advice. I have little to no Guild expertise but found this interesting guitar for sale locally. Owner says it’s a 1964 Guild T100. Is it real or fake is my main question because things look sort of out of place. The main things that stand out to me are the Pickup selector and the tail piece. What are your thoughts? This is the only picture I have right now but I will have more later today.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XDsi1L5FIlwjAhse2

Thanks ahead of time for the expertise!

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome. Your posts were in a Moderation queue, as will the next three or four you post, but that's why you created a duplicate. I chose to leave both posts because the content was not identical.

As a general comment people don't counterfeit a lot of Guilds and a playable guitar for $300 might be a bargain even if it is not what it is supposed to be. I'm no expert but the headstock and body look right. It has certainly been refinished. The pickups have been modified or replaced. The bridge and tailpiece are not correct. Hypothetically if this were a one pickup guitar from the factory, that might explain the unexpected location for the selector. Pickguard is also missing.

And now for someone who knows what they are talking about...

scljHIFg183ZhkSPzEPSyBSHfqiI2auUDs5q6iiMhDA-9qe9FOSt8rZqSxTGJ01HMReqxmXw8O-bmRRnmDytTi5ycgEBaOsJKEtuEnJ4nPOvjD4m6G_ZqDlsOmblvtYdqDthiftsmg=w543-h963-no

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
If you compare the knob location with this ‘64 T-100D, it looks like, as Frono said, this is a converted T-100 single pup. The selector and first knob were the original knob location; note the nail heads only at those two locations. The other 3 knobs are added, as well as the bridge pup.
https://reverb.com/item/2977618-vin...d-starfire-cherry-semi-hollow-electric-guitar
So, no collector value, but if you like how it plays and feel, certainly worth $300.

Last edited:

jcwu

Reaction score
For $300 I'd jump on this puppy as an ultimate player guitar, assuming no structural issues.

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I’m sort of unsure because the seller is on a social media site and slightly nononcommunicative