DV76 on the Way

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
A DV76 was listed for sale last year in a shop in Nottingham England, but they would not ship it anywhere, not even to London. Long story short, a client of mine who lives in London arranged for someone to go to the shop, pay for the guitar, and bring it to him on Friday. He is flying to NY tomorrow and will carry it on the plane, so I should receive it tomorrow. Hopefully a NGD thread will follow shortly.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Congratulations! Looking forward to pictures!

walrus

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Awesome that’s two members getting a hand delivery. Look forward to pics :)

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice!

Have you ever posted pics of your JF100-12?

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Congrats Awagner! I don't know why but I thought you had already bought this one. My Mistake but I am extremely happy that you are getting it now. Absolutely Awesome collection you have and this is the perfect addition for sure! Wishing it a safe journey across the pond and a safe arrival in your hands. Cant wait to see pics of it and here your thoughts on this ultra rare Guild.

TX

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That's an expensive ship cost, if he had to buy a seat for it. Many airlines won't store it in a closet and if it doesn't fit in the overhead, it goes in luggage hell , under the plane.

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Tom, did you know a 12 string can also double as a safe egg slicer ? Just saying...lol.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Tom, did you know a 12 string can also double as a safe egg slicer ? Just saying...lol.
LFMAO!! After my latest FB post...... I should take tips from you!! Honestly, I opened up the bandaid to a medic friend of ours and he said, "OH MY GOD!! You really should have stitches in that but it's kinda late now." Kinda like me getting a better personality.... it's a little late now, you know?? Good to see you posting, Steffan!!! :encouragement:

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
That's an expensive ship cost, if he had to buy a seat for it. Many airlines won't store it in a closet and if it doesn't fit in the overhead, it goes in luggage hell , under the plane.

My client’s son plays guitar and he has been allowed to store it in the cabin closet on several international flights before.

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats Awagner! I don't know why but I thought you had already bought this one. My Mistake but I am extremely happy that you are getting it now. Absolutely Awesome collection you have and this is the perfect addition for sure! Wishing it a safe journey across the pond and a safe arrival in your hands. Cant wait to see pics of it and here your thoughts on this ultra rare Guild.

TX

TX,

You may recall that a seller we both know listed this guitar on Reverb several months ago, and I made an offer that he accepted (you can still find the ad in a Google search). Problem is he didn’t actually own or possess the guitar. He placed an ad in Nottingham seeking an enabler to facilitate the purchase and transport of the guitar to L.A. The person/people who responded tried to scam him by sending him a phony receipt, but a real flight number. Prior to the arrival of the flight they tried to get him to pay for the guitar, which he wisely didn’t, although he went to LAX to meet the facilitator, who never appeared.

The seller originally told me he had another offer from a collector in Texas, and I thought it might be you, so I PM’d you. So you were not too far off in your recollection.

Last edited:

CosmicArkie

Reaction score
Slight thread veer...

This thread along with my recent thread about Stu's D-46 suggests that there may be a need and a possible means to an ongoing issue - the movement of fragile instruments from one place to another. What with so many of us traveling, what say we open a thread on possible transportation among/between members?

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
TX,

You may recall that a seller we both know listed this guitar on Reverb several months ago, and I made an offer that he accepted (you can still find the ad in a Google search). Problem is he didn’t actually own or possess the guitar. He placed an ad in Nottingham seeking an enabler to facilitate the purchase and transport of the guitar to L.A. The person/people who responded tried to scam him by sending him a phony receipt, but a real flight number. Prior to the arrival of the flight they tried to get him to pay for the guitar, which he wisely didn’t, although he went to LAX to meet the facilitator, who never appeared.

The seller originally told me he had another offer from a collector in Texas, and I thought it might be you, so I PM’d you. So you were not too far off in your recollection.

Sounds like a classic "Gabby The Guild Guy" "Westerly Rhode Island Gold" deal if I have ever heard one. If you ever have to deal with that seller again in Los Angeles rest assured if he mentions a collector in Texas it is not me, I would never do business with him or his partner out of Georgia after all the B.S. that is involved with the two of them.

I am really glad that it finally worked out for you though and I think this will be a perfect addition to your collection. Congrats Man!

TX

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Congrats! That's the way to play the system. :victorious:

Joe

And a clear violation of the CITES exemption allowing hand carriage of up to 20lbs of rosewood that is owned by the person carrying it and not intended for resale (carrier's a delivery service for a commercial transaction in this case.)
That's the second time such a move has been openly described here.
Wonder how often it's been mentioned on other forums?
Pretty soon they'll just do away with the exemption.
And why shouldn't they?