Some guy yammering on and on...

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Last year, Eldermusic, Inc. won the "IHAVE" Made a Difference" award, in the health category. (IHAVE categories are Inclusion, Health, Arts, Veterans, and Education.)

This was an awesome confirmation and recognition of our mission and our volunteers. There were some pretty heavy hitters in the "Health" category; frankly, I was pleasantly surprised that we won that particular award.

And -ahem - two Westerly Guilds are featured in this video: my D-25M and Harry's DCE5 (formerly Joe's)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UkdJSfnESsHhfel_-23LKtdyMi7H_Lhv?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Cool , all the best a great cause! ;)

Zelja

Reaction score
Congrats. That's wonderful work that you do and great that you got some recognition for the difference you make.

Grassdog

Reaction score
That's pretty cool stuff Dread. Just goes to show what the power of music can do. It would be great to know how you choose you song list.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
79-d40: Best wishes to you and your Mom on Mothers Day!

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Song list? It has to be songs from their "experiential background." The average age of our old friends is probably 80-plus. We have to do songs they know; it's a real dichotomy - memory care residents doing songs from memory. You know when they all sing along and start moving to the beat. "You Are My Sunshine, "Let Me Call You Sweetheart," "I've Been Workin' On The Railroad," I'll Fly Away," "Amazing Grace," "If You're Happy And You Know It," "He's Got The Whole World In His Hands," "Take Me Out To The Ballgame," "In The Garden," "I've Got The Joy Joy Joy," "This Little Light Of Mine," lots of Sunday school songs and old hymns...

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Song list? It has to be songs from their "experiential background." The average age of our old friends is probably 80-plus. We have to do songs they know; it's a real dichotomy - memory care residents doing songs from memory. You know when they all sing along and start moving to the beat. "You Are My Sunshine, "Let Me Call You Sweetheart," "I've Been Workin' On The Railroad," I'll Fly Away," "Amazing Grace," "If You're Happy And You Know It," "He's Got The Whole World In His Hands," "Take Me Out To The Ballgame," "In The Garden," "I've Got The Joy Joy Joy," "This Little Light Of Mine," lots of Sunday school songs and old hymns...

My gramma taught me "5 foot 2 (Has Anybody Seen My Gal)" back in the '80's, that might fit right in if it isn't already.
:friendly_wink:

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
5 foot two, eyes of blue...yeah, they'd know that one!